BA-3 As Preamp

Hey guys, I am currently running a battery powered JFet BOZ and an F5. Pretty happy with it.

Should a build a BA-3 to replace the Jfet BOZ? Everybody seems pretty interested in the BA3 as a front end, can I expect a big improvement if I switch out the JfetBOZ for a BA-3 front end?

Altec 416 in big MLTL. Altec 288 in Iwata 290. With 416's, 10w gets you 110 db:rofl:

Attachments

• maninchair-lg.-300x127.jpg
    maninchair-lg.-300x127.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,095
Hey guys, I am currently running a battery powered JFet BOZ and an F5. Pretty happy with it.

Should a build a BA-3 to replace the Jfet BOZ? Everybody seems pretty interested in the BA3 as a front end, can I expect a big improvement if I switch out the JfetBOZ for a BA-3 front end?

Its bigger, beefier brother. Dont know how it will mingle with F5, as I am not a fan.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
24 sceondaries should yeild 34 rails with this such small current draw. THe diodes are 9.1V and beefy part #4739, 4.7K should yield 7mA, TOshibas are definite waste, but what I had. Pinout is GDS. It should work. Only inner rectdiodes are getting hot. Makes absolutely no sense. IT is PSU from Zen line stage article. BAsic cap mulitplier.

I looked at your circuit, the board layout and the picture, I see no fault either!

I add the picture of the Aleph P circuit and the picture of my favorite PSU for universal purpose in pre amps....

mind in the negative branch of the 7915 the last cap is with wrong polarity, + should go down, not up!

Attachments

• p17-pwr.gif
    p17-pwr.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Netzteil XO2.jpg
    Netzteil XO2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,068