A guide to building the Pass F4 amplifier

Just ordered a Large Illuminated Black Anodized Anti-Vandal switch to be used with the Diy Store Soft start.... See link > http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap...ated-black-anodized-anti-vandal-switches.html it's a really great deal ! See Pic >
338785d1364401826-large-illuminated-anti-vandal-switch-langir-switch-medium-.jpg

Last edited:
250v @ 5amps Click on above link as a Diy member is selling them ! The price is $ 18.54 shipped to US address, also he is trying to get a group-buy going which should cut prices alot ! Using this switch with the Diy-Store Soft start pcb is far cheaper than using a conventional Vandal sw circuit with its own transformer and then still needing various parts and thermisters to control start-up ect...

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Interesting - board is $7. I have not looked the the BAs that closely. Anyone post one of those to make standalone preamp? Need to add some sort of attenuation for volume. I am sure there are a few other details.

Their is a thread in here somewhere, poster has B-1 into BA-3 FE, then to F-4. I was asking questions about the smaller transformer when using as FE...I'll try to find it.

Russellc

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Would the above case work for a stock F5 ? The reason for my questions are I have a chance to pick one up half price. But I dont really need more stuff laying around till I find a use ! Its the one with 300 x 120 x 40 heatsinks. If not the F5 haw about a Aleph 3 or Zen Mods Babbel-fish with 2 output devices ? I have 90% of the needed parts for my F4, then this deal comes along (To much like Murphys law)

Last edited: