Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

A guide to building the Pass F4 amplifier.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2021, 10:43 AM   #2431
thimios is offline thimios  Greece
diyAudio Member

Thanks Zen!
Old 12th January 2021, 02:20 PM   #2432
Norgaard is offline Norgaard  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkostop View Post
So for the Keratherm and the effort to avoid disasters like the one mentioned my Zen Mod, I have also this:
SCI A18-9E Semiconductor mounting set (L x W) 22.3 mm x 15.2 mm Suitable for TO 247 1 Set | Conrad.com
Is this better or should I order the 86/82 type?
These questions may seem naive but the terminology in electronics is different in Greek language and sometimes makes it difficult to find the right part, even if it is something simple!

These look suspiciously close to the ones I am using on the ClassA's including the F4 balanced monos - due to their excellent heat transfer, however I am using these with heat paste! It is ceramic discs, they are flat - and they are brittle, so if the heat sink isn't perfectly flat they might either break or not get a good thermal contact with a nice thin layer of paste. That said I am very pleased with the performance.
  Reply to this post

A guide to building the Pass F4 amplifier.Hide this!Advertise here!