Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

A guide to building the Pass F4 amplifier.
A guide to building the Pass F4 amplifier.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2018, 04:39 PM   #1081
albertli is offline albertli  Canada
diyAudio Member

My F4 has been on for 16 hrs since last night. The temperature seems very stable @50c on MOSFET, 52c on heatsink at 200mV. Offset is within range.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180916_181611.jpg (707.6 KB, 81 views)
Old 17th September 2018, 04:55 PM   #1082
adason is offline adason  United States
diyAudio Member

I like your washers!
Old 17th September 2018, 08:24 PM   #1083
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adason View Post
I like your washers!
😁😁
Old 17th September 2018, 08:27 PM   #1084
diyAudio Member

Sound exactly the same with mine which made some 10 years ago. Lovely sound. 😄😄
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180917_132323.jpg (720.1 KB, 60 views)
Old 17th September 2018, 08:44 PM   #1085
mrdave45 is offline mrdave45  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

That's great to know albertli. I built one a couple of years ago and am thinking about another and I was slightly concerned they wouldn't be adequately matched so that I would have to use them biamped. I have the impasse to drive them balanced so want to try that. Although Im not sure I really need 100w per side, Im not sure whether 100w balanced per side with short speaker cables or 25+25 per side with long speaker cables and biamped will be better.
Old 17th September 2018, 10:31 PM   #1086
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdave45 View Post
That's great to know albertli. I built one a couple of years ago and am thinking about another and I was slightly concerned they wouldn't be adequately matched so that I would have to use them biamped. I have the impasse to drive them balanced so want to try that. Although Im not sure I really need 100w per side, Im not sure whether 100w balanced per side with short speaker cables or 25+25 per side with long speaker cables and biamped will be better.
I build this one for friend. I finished mine some ten years ago. All my speakers are over 90db so I don't need anything bigger than this. I presume you like your impasse pre, do you have tried other preamp to drive your F4? I have been using the Convergent SL1 signature and the MFA . Both are good but I like the MFA better with more power to drive my F4.
Regards
Old 17th September 2018, 11:26 PM   #1087
mrdave45 is offline mrdave45  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Yeah, using the impasse. What's the mfa? My open baffles are about 94db and go thunderous with just one f4. I think that biamping would probably be the better solution over the extra power but loss of damping factor.

A guide to building the Pass F4 amplifier.Hide this!Advertise here!