A guide to building the Pass F4 amplifier

Joined 2017
Paid Member
F4 Mouser BOM

Is there any BOM from mouser posted anywhere in the Forum?

Here is mine, as a XLS-export (you will have to copy-paste every list-item) for a starter...
Also, I kept the required number of a part (and did not take the sometimes substantial price-reductions for more parts...)

CAUTION:

Be aware that this BOM most probably is not complete, and that, as I am still in my beginner-phase, it is error-prone, too.

To complete the list of self-complains, I haven't even started to build it, so I haven't been able to filter out missing or wrong parts...

HTH
david

(PS: maybe there is a hidden error, and maybe someone finds it—I'd gladly take notice of it :) )

Attachments

• Mouser-F4-parts.xls.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 68
Thanks!!!

If my amp bias perfect and off-set is perfect will i gain anything by changing the TL431 to a lower shunt current version?

Unfortunately that fact does not tell you if the 431 is working at spec. My build was the same, but was still under the min operating current of the 431. I thought it sounded good, but it is clear I had a lot of extra distortion. Replacing it was revolutionary.

You should just measure and see for yourself. Copying from 2PD's instructions with slight edits:

~~~~~

First measure voltage drop across 10k resistor R6 or R7. [Ideally this will be 13V or higher, often, however, it'll be around 12V.]
This will tell you total current. E.g. 12V/10k = 1.2mA

Now determine current in programming resistors = 2.5V/(P1+R9)
Let's assume P1 + R9 = 10k
So current would 2.5V/10k = 0.25mA

So cathode current would be 1.2 - 0.25 = 0.95mA. [That would be bad. Close doesn't cut it, must be over the minimum operating current. Replace with alternative part.]

~~~~~