F1 and L'Amp into Electrostatics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I know this is slightly mad but would F1 and L'Amp (inductor loaded) drive electrostatics without distress, I do have 100WSS and 30W tube, but I'd like to try these two special 10W FET amps albeit at low volume, just worried it might all go pop I really have no idea re this admittedly odd pairing.

RC :rolleyes::eek::eek::confused::D

I was reading the recently dug up thread on Zen V7 and went back to read the original article. It mentions the use of a step up transformer to drive Electrostatic panels, would this amp and a step up transformer be a good canidate to drive electro static headphones?

I have some electrostatic headphones and the "energizer" unit always looked a little cheap, I would not mind building a dedicated amp to power my phones. The unit requires the connection to the speaker output of an amp already.

Tinker with the voltage, smaller devices, what transformer to use as step up, etc....I have no idea where to really start, but this has me curious.

attached is the schematic from the article in question:

ZV7 step up.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.