Help needed with BZLS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

this is my first post on this forum. I just built the Balanced zen linestage and I can say I am quite pleased with the sound but there is one problem. The soundstage is not very focussed compared to other preamps I owned (AR LS8 for example). I used the BZLS in full balanced mode input and output with a 4 gang 10K ALPS Pot for volume control in input (no P3,P4,P5). I mesured the preamp and I found that the Regulated power supply is delivering +60.5V -58.7V could it be the reason of the problem with the soundstage. otherwise on one board I mesure -4V before the source of the IRF610 and -3,7V on the other board.
between 31,3 and 31,7 on the drain. is it normal ?

Franck

PS: Sorry for my mistakes in english, I am doing better with french

Let me take a crack at this ........ it might not be due to the "offset" voltages but you might have wired one of the 4 gang pot in reverse - check the polarity of the 12 wires coming out of the 4 gang pot. Or .... try moving one of the speaker a few inches forward or backward ....since essentially you can't control the balance with the 4 gang pot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.