Aleph 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They will work. I have used IRFP 044,048,140,150,240,250,254,260's and some Fairchild HUF75652G3 in different PASS designs. The IRFP's vary a little in sound, but the circuit stays the same. I only had to change one resistor for the Fairchild. :D

Salut RH9,

I am finishing my Aleph3 for the next week, I use IRFP244 as needed but have a look on the datasheet for your IRF150, make comparisons about the power, current and tension maybe they will be good, Mike thinks so and he has tried them, for myself I try to be cloth to the original, if you want to buy the IRF 9610 and IRFP240 look at "Reichelt.de" their prices are very cheap (0,50E for the 9610).

Good luck l'alsacien.

Yonnat.

DC or not DC

Hy Philippe,

yes this amps are not protected from DC at the output, I ask myself the same question and Mr Pass said he has never heard a return with a DC problem since he builds the Aleph, so I do the same, build your amp with care.
For the PCB, I do it at my own with a standby mode if you are interested you can send me a email, you find my email on this site, I am living in a town near Strasbourg.

Regards.
Yonnat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.