Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

AB100 Class AB Power Amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th April 2019, 01:09 PM   #441
Abx74 is offline Abx74  France
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone,
Is someone have some PCB in stock ? I'd like to get some to built one... Summer is coming...

Thanks

Damien
Old 13th April 2019, 04:27 PM   #442
osscar is offline osscar  Latvia
diyAudio Member

The officiall PCB is not yet made .... I think this amplifier is underestimated (perhaps due to dartlington output and class AB ) and forgotten - but it sounds great !!!
My DIY so far: two Leach amps, Pass AB100, Pass F5, B1 buffer, Hiraga le monstre, two LM3875, LM1875, OPA549, 6C33C SE, GU32 PP, 6p3c-e PP, Marsh headphone amp.Phono - OBH-8se, Pacific RIAA, inDiscreet Phono, Whammy headphone amp.
Old 13th April 2019, 05:00 PM   #443
gdan is offline gdan  Greece
diyAudio Member

Nelson,
any news about this amplifier ?

It will be a nice project for those of us with active loudspeakers that need a lot of power amplifiers and Class A is not a very practical option.
Old 14th April 2019, 01:51 AM   #444
RafaPolit is offline RafaPolit  Ecuador
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdan View Post
Nelson,
...It will be a nice project for those of us with active loudspeakers that need a lot of power amplifiers and Class A is not a very practical option.
??? Could you elaborate how you use an amp with active loudspeakers? Do you mean bypassing the internal amp? Which speakers would that be?

Thanks,
Rafa.
Old 14th April 2019, 04:11 AM   #445
reggieSf25 is offline reggieSf25  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdan View Post
Nelson,
any news about this amplifier ?

It will be a nice project for those of us with active loudspeakers that need a lot of power amplifiers and Class A is not a very practical option.
Old 15th April 2019, 09:27 AM   #446
gdan is offline gdan  Greece
diyAudio Member

I am talking for DIY loudspeakers with active crossovers.
Mine is four way and it is not very practical to use eight Class A power amplifiers.
Old 16th April 2019, 04:08 AM   #447
meanie is offline meanie  Singapore
diyAudio Member

I experienced some humming from my freshly built M2X, can't determine if i had ground loop induced hum or transformer induced hum. So i did the followings...
Shifting my left channel heatsink block around while keeping the right channel where it should be.

I have to block the left channel with a iron chassis and even at an angle to the power supply board/transformer, to finally get a totally quiet left channel.

I now think that i may have to make partitions in the chassis that i m going to fit my M2X into, other than using Mumetal cover for the Edcor trans.

Click the image to open in full size.

I will try twisting those transformer secondary output cables next.

Last edited by meanie; 16th April 2019 at 04:11 AM.
Old 16th April 2019, 04:40 AM   #448
meanie is offline meanie  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Very sorry i posted on wrong thread.

AB100 Class AB Power AmplifierHide this!Advertise here!