An illustrated guide for Aleph 60 builders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Just installed IRF9610 in the FE of my Aleph's. I have to admit, for my taste these transistors suit the amp's sound much better!

Thanks, h_a! ;-)

Happy to hear that someone shares my experience that the 9610 inputstage is still worth being tried. :)

My last experience with it was a J2 clone with them in the inputstage instead of double J109.
Also a fine sound!

I tried an R550 in an Aleph P, the sound was less dark but it was not a big jump forward in my ears.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Just for the record I want to mention it here:

From my own experience (at least if you do not have insanely sensitive speakers): Pa's SE amps do sound better with an active preamp. I plugged a Forte model 2 preamp(not the most analog sounding pre) to my Aleph (now its Aleph 30). It revealed some more details which SE amps hide compare to my F5, added some depth, a little bit punch and dynamics on intense, dense music. So, I will be making an active pre for SE amps from now on. (I do not need it on me F5Tv2 :)

Hello

After solving hum problem at my aleph J i going to plan my next project
a Aleph 60.

Because of limited space in the chassis i dont get the trafos in the front of the chassis side by side

Now i have 2 options:
1. to staple the trafos in the front of the amp
with stapled psu in the rear part
2. trafos side by side from front to rear with psu on top

-in both cases the input is on top in the rear part of the amp
-the picture should be a view from the side

I dont want pick up hum from the trafos in the input stage,
which one would be the better solution?

thanks for suggestion

Attachments

• 2013-08-29 09.10.40.jpg
    2013-08-29 09.10.40.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 570
Thanks, i also think first variant will be the preverred.

I`ve seen var. 2 at a f5 turbo somewhere, it seems working also.
But i really dont trust that the trannys will not stray into input stage.

I`ve heard that in the middleaxis of a tranny the magnetic field will be strongest.
And this will be in var.2 with the PSU between direct under the input stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.