pass jfet pre amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all. I ordered a pcb from a very oriental man...for a boz build,thinking that it was for the irf mosfets....but what I got was for 2sk170 jfets. I've been in the internet,but i'm not able to find a diagram for this,nor for the psu.so can any of you clever folks help me?..very simple elegant design it seems, only the jfet and 6 resistors....but with out a diagram,I'm stuck. Cheers
Dave in dorset.xx

ah ha....been doing some research on BOZ....it seems that Mr Zen got married twice....as there's a version using IRF mosfet's,and another ,(Which is the board I have) .which use's 2sk170's...you might have known this,but I did'nt...as I'm retired with time on my hands,I'm going to build it first using ordinary standard components, and then use audio phile one's,just to see how much better the second version sounds....Dorset Dave.xx

ah ha....been doing some research on BOZ....it seems that Mr Zen got married twice....as there's a version using IRF mosfet's,and another ,(Which is the board I have) .which use's 2sk170's...you might have known this,but I did'nt...as I'm retired with time on my hands,I'm going to build it first using ordinary standard components, and then use audio phile one's,just to see how much better the second version sounds....Dorset Dave.xx

On the last pages of this thread, you can found some variations about your board. :D

The 170 are very critical with the V supply for a low distortion.

well,what can I say?.Great thanks to Ramallo who suggested I read the latter post's on bozj....and how nice to see Nelson's on here too.The god's in their wisdom gave us some audio greats, Marshall Leach, Douglas Self, JL Hood, our own Mr Pass, and what better way to spend time than building an amp?.I spent my whole working life repairing tv's,vcr's etc,and what with under/over voltage protection, over current limiting........bloody things. I'm attracted to the Xen thinking,simple,straightforward circuitry....surely that has to be better??? Still trying to get a diagram of the psu though. But I did'nt know about this site when I ordered that board.
Nelson for King!!! dave bridle about to switch on the soldering iron. Once again guys,thanks for all the help.xx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.