F6 Amplifier

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I measured the hum & noise on my Teaser-6 with a Fluke meter. Outputs connected to 8 ohm loads. Inputs connected to M-Audio AP-192 sound card with no signal.

left channel: 0.6mV AC RMS
right channel: 0.2mV AC RMS

I routinely rotate the transformers in FW product to set the noise levels
at the lowest equal value. My F6 proto came out a bit over 0.1 mV

:cool:

Has anyone thought out the value of R1 to keep relative gain at 15db if using IRFP240's? I am prototyping this, but uncertain of a formula that can help.

My apologies if this has been mentioned already. I assume tweaking this and the degeneration resistors will get this working on point. I plan on using for source resistors 1R to start with the 10R Zen Pots.

I believe that R1 is the feedback resistor from output ? If so I'd leave it at 100R as this would still get us close to the orig 15 db gain。if you would like the actual exact formula it's somewhere earlier on this thread - I can look for it.

I set both R13 and R14 at .025 ohms and spent a couple of days listening. I think the soundstage is both wider and deeper than with r13, R14 set to zero.I also appear to have more detail. Don't know if its me thinking I need to hear something different ;) I am going to set R13 to .0125 , keeping R14 at .025and give a listen. Then I will reverse the two. In my system this resistance range is where I get the most stimulation to my ears. Resistors are 5W wirewounds

Best

Bob

Attachments

• The-Twist-Dance.jpg
    The-Twist-Dance.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 548
  • cole_spencer-twist.jpg
    cole_spencer-twist.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 552