F6 Amplifier

Why would it act differently than solo F6?
What I wanted to say is: When you adjust each solo diyF6 in your setup for bias, ensure that it is operating open loop by cutting the feedback trace as close to the power output as possible. This is safest solution. An ther solution is to cut the trace after the 100 Ohm feedback resistor; such that it is connected [solely] to the bottom primary winding. This is a situation of a closed loop gain =1; which maybe problematic only when you are adjustring for bias etc.. I see this second situation [CLG=1] less desirable than OLG = xc. I am projecting possible problems at the tweaking stage. What is needed in the end is: With the bridge connected, both power outputs must settle at 0 VDc when power is turned on.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
always interesting again....:)

two channels with four closely Vgs matched R125....in a constellation with a Cinemag xformer.

........thanks tea-bag really fine sound........! :)

would be interesting if these differences are gone with pairs better matched by a curve tracer...

of course I will do place hopping :D

Attachments

• links.jpg
    links.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 373
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 362
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes I was also confused many times when I was looking for the newest EMU drivers for Win and Mac.
The Mac driver goes only up to 96kHz, enough for me and yes the Win driver was found by me also in a place elsewhere....I forgot. Not a nice policy.
But the guy I wrote to for a Mac driver was very friendly and informed and helped me very quickly!!