Amp Camp Amp - ACA

yes, it is so good on certain speakers that even prototypes have an almost too long life ; )
ACA has best "swing/timing" with those cheapos, better than V-Fet. It is long time since I heard an Aleph J, but I recall the trebles with the J not that lively. But could be wrong there.

best,
stefan

Nice and clean boxes Stefan. I like the stands too. Did you use any BSC with the aca?

Hey guys,
New to this forum as I just received my ACA 2018 kit today. I was going through the components for the boards, and labeling the color coded resistors, and noted that I have two 33.2K ohm metal-film resistors that appear to be extra. The color code is orange orange red red brown. I've identified and labeled all the other color-coded resistors on the schematic and the components list, but I cannot find a 33.2 K ohm resistor on the schematic or in the list of components. Is it possible these two resistors were added accidentally?

Sorry if this question has come up previously.

Cheers, Stephen aka PC

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Variac and the Boyz have been hard at work. Recently we ran some curves
of the parallel and balanced versions:

Attachments

• ACA DAMP  8 ST PAR.gif
    ACA DAMP 8 ST PAR.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 407
  • ACA DAMP  4 ST PAR.gif
    ACA DAMP 4 ST PAR.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 412
  • ACA DAMP  8 BAL-BRDG.gif
    ACA DAMP 8 BAL-BRDG.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 415
Tony, I remember np asking when someone was going to make an amp worth 4 ACAs per channel. All you have to do is make another chassis with 4 and you win!

i am making one now, 48vdc, 4 smps psu, 4 ACA channels, and based on the data above i will be making it balanced bridged type using XLR's....i may even throw in a tube buffer to give it a tube flavor...

i am using the conrad engineering 35cm heatsinks....will post once set up..

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    981 KB · Views: 309
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
What is the power output of a parallel 24V ACA into 4 ohms?

The power into 4 ohms would be twice that into 8 ohms if you run them in parallel.

Parallel connection only gives you more (double) the available current, the voltage output is still the same.

For example.

1/ 9 volts rms output into 8 ohm is 10.125 watts rms. The load current is 1.125 amp.

2/ 9 volts rms output into 4 ohms is 20.25 watts rms. The load current is 2.250 amp.