Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Is a good umbilical always a screened cable to suppress noise pickup or is it normally not necessary because a power supply is quite low impedance so twisting of the wires is "enough"? …..if let's say length is < 50 cm?
What is good practice?
It may also depend if it is for a power amp or preamp.

6L6 That’s a confusing answer the Korg B1 to quote from the PDF:

“Also note that the circuit as presented has a little over 16 dB of gain, and happily functions as a preamp with a logarithmic input potentiometer.”

Pure buffer would not have any gain but people are using modified Korg B1 As headphone amps?

odd turn on noise

I'm not sure I posted this in the right place a bit ago, so sorry for a "double posting" if that is what happens. Hi, I just bought an owner assembled 1.6 version stereo version with the Meanwell 24 volt power supply and it makes an odd noise on start up that I do see mentioned in briefly looking around. Can anyone please tell me if this is something I should be concerned about and do they all do it? I'm sorry I am so busy to explore fully, on my own at this time, but want to see if I should approach the seller asap as it being undesirable like this, especially should I want to re-sell in the future? Thanks SO much for any and all thoughts on the matter? Kindest Regards, Rob

I've been thinking about this one.... the reason there's no startup fart/switchoff thump in balanced mode is the fact that speakers' outputs are not referenced to ground. There's no potential difference between two outputs (minuses) at any point in time during turnon/off - hence no complaints from speakers.

...I've got rusty...

Thump totally normal. See post 50 of the build guide -

Amp Camp Amp V1.6 Build Guide - diyAudio Guides

That's okay for a single chassis, stereo ACA version, but we are not talking about that...

What we observed was the absence of startup fart/turnoff thump due to transition occurrences that are happening between two identical ACA modules at the same point in time, and the fact that speakers' binding post are not referenced to ground.

Last edited: