Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Amp Camp Amp - ACA
Amp Camp Amp - ACA
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th May 2019, 06:52 PM   #7461
BadToTheTone is offline BadToTheTone  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default ACA 1.6 Questions

Hey All

My wife is out of town and I finally have some uninterrupted time to work on my ACA 1.6 bridged balanced monoblocks, which have been collecting dust while I did absolutely critical things like mop the floor. Now that I have 3 of the 4 boards stuffed, it's the obvious time to ask questions, right?

Build Guides: I've found two, links below:

ACA Build Guide v1.0, dated Dec 11 2013
ACA Build Guide v1.5, dated March 31 2018

Thanks loads to 6L6 for these guides!!

Within the ACA Build Guide v1.5 there is a reference to doing a guide for v1.6, which by the way is the kit that I have. I didn't locate a v1.6 guide, so proceeded to build using the v1.5 and comments in that build thread. I've attached a pic of the boards I'm stuffing.

First question: There is an extra 39.2k resistor in each kit. I see no where on the board for this. Please tell me I have just won the resistor lottery and I can use these two extra resistors for my next project.

Second question: Does a separate v1.6 guide exist? It seems the v1.5 guide was just modified to accommodate the v1.6 build changes, which is fine.

Third question: How in the world could "Orville" not be in the running for the v1.6 name????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACA v1.6.jpg (74.9 KB, 148 views)
Old 18th May 2019, 06:55 PM   #7462
oc11 is offline oc11  United States
diyAudio Member

Check the diyaudiostore.com for the ACA kit. They have a link for the ACA 1.6 build guide. Always use the latest guide, unless you happen to have an earlier kit.
Old 18th May 2019, 07:02 PM   #7463
mraudioguru is offline mraudioguru  United States
diyAudio Member

ACA 1.6 Build Guide

Amp Camp Amp V1.6 Build Guide - diyAudio Guides

See Step 39 for the extra resistor use
Old 18th May 2019, 07:53 PM   #7464
BadToTheTone is offline BadToTheTone  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc11 View Post
Check the diyaudiostore.com for the ACA kit. They have a link for the ACA 1.6 build guide. Always use the latest guide, unless you happen to have an earlier kit.
Thank you, oc11, I completely missed that. Appears lots of stuff - info, links, and equipment - has been added to the diystore since I last looked.
Old Today, 03:25 AM   #7465
Asedillo is offline Asedillo  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi, pardon me if this question has already been asked. I just built a DIY speaker from Troels Gravesen SBA-941 SBA-941 which is 8ohms 87db. Just wanted to check if this ampcamp v1.6 will be able to work to this speaker? thanks.

Amp Camp Amp - ACAHide this!Advertise here!