Amp Camp Amp - ACA

That’s a good idea. I do have removable inut caps on mine so as to insert a smaller cap to create a “PLLXO”. Much higher quality part as well.

dave

Yes i just wondered if i can use bipolar or film capacitors instead of output and input electrolytic polar capacitors(i remember somebody tells film caps can not be used for dc blocking)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
... film capacitors instead of output and input electrolytic polar capacitors...

Elcos are usually used because of size and cost. Price a 20kµF poly cap.

But they do work better.

We did a small Class A EL84PP amp with no elcos, it made a significant improvement. PS caps in a tube amp do not need to be as large (but higher voltage).

dave

in my 48v ACA i used 2.2ufd input cap, bass is so fabulous i promise.... :D

Attachments

• IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1981.jpg
    IMG_1981.jpg
    985.9 KB · Views: 322
Joined 2020
Paid Member
Hi, I'm sure this question has been asked and answered in some form already, so apologies. Also I have zero formal electronics training, so hopefully the forum will humor me. :

The standard wiring diagram for an ACA v1.8 has speaker + out (red) connected to ps ground. Does this mean that the output of the ACA as wired reverses the polarity, thus inverting (correcting) the phase back to non-inverted when speaker + out (red) is connected to the red terminals of the speakers?