Amp Camp Amp - ACA

that should survive and you can power two channels with that, like i do in mine...

in some of my builds, the smps boards share the same chassis and it was very quiet..

this is a bridged ACA i built with a tube line amp integrated into the chassis...

Attachments

• IMG_1572.jpg
    IMG_1572.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    990.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 64773897_468576330568362_2409543998143201280_n.jpg
    64773897_468576330568362_2409543998143201280_n.jpg
    794.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
A couple of the keratherm pads I used had been penetrated by the screw holes of my chassis...

I've done this more than once on my builds - welcome to the club! Glad to hear that you solved your problem!

I've made a few changes to my build protocol because of problems like this. First is to be extra careful inspecting the mosfet mounting site before I mount anything to make sure that it is completely smooth and that no burrs or lips are sticking up. Second, I no longer use soft pads for transistor mounting. I prefer using Aluminum Oxide Ceramic like Aavid 4180G from Mouser. They transfer heat better than any soft pad I've found. Third, after mounting each transistor, take your meter and check for continuity between the middle pin and the sink. You should get an open loop reading.

Congrats on a successful build.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm not sure I understand your question :)

The input JFET can support 'any number' of parallel output devices at DC because the MOSFET's draw essentially zero gate current. So the JFET operating conditions remain unchanged.

Parallel MOSFET's do however need other arrangements to equally share the current... so that means a redesign of the output stage. Just paralleling devices will not work satisfactorily. They will not share equally and the sharing will be variable and prone to drifing.

Parallel MOSFET's present a higher capacitive load to the FET driving them and that has the possibility to alter the bandwidth of the overall amp although just a parallel pair should be OK in that regard.

Hi.I checked but could not find any.I have 4ohm fullranges and i love them.Can i get 8w class a sound from ACA or should i make revisions?Thanks

the wattage ratings of the ACA nor any amp for that matter does not mean anything once you are playing music, you will be surprised to find that the actual real power to your speakers with music hardly go over a watt....so just enjoy what you have...

i have stopped counting the watts, which was derived using sine waves a long time ago....

I have this pcb.I will use 2x2sk209gr instead of 2sk170bl.Should i make any revisions for working with 24v? And i have 0r4 3w mox resistors and 0r68 vitreous 4w vishay g202 resistors.Can i use them in this circuit or should make revisions?Thanks

Nice sub circuit. Where did you find it?
  • Could small MOSFETS be used? Why not?
This way, the 2SK1078 I have, could be used - it is a SMD version of the larger 2SK135, I mean, made with the same negative tempco, and these mosfets have a very high admittance, typically 0,75 at quite a 400 mA current but still at 10 mA it is considerable and the output resistance is low. The Vg is about +1,3 volt typically. so that suffices to replace the input 2SK170. There are more types around, such as BSS89.
Now I solder wires on the pins to attach to a circuit board :rolleyes: But the body-pins might break off that way.