Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Amp Camp Amp - ACA
Amp Camp Amp - ACA
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 05:48 PM   #4841
brownslane is offline brownslane  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Markham, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraudioguru View Post
I finally got mine yesterday. FEDEX originally said it would be here the 3rd, then the 5th, then the 6th and I got it on the 9th. It got stuck in Newark, NJ for some reason?
Are you saying you have received the whole kit? Or just the cases from Italy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2018, 07:15 PM   #4842
adason is offline adason  United States
diyAudio Member
 
adason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraudioguru View Post
I finally got mine yesterday. FEDEX originally said it would be here the 3rd, then the 5th, then the 6th and I got it on the 9th. It got stuck in Newark, NJ for some reason?
4th of July celebration...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2018, 07:40 PM   #4843
LarryRS is offline LarryRS
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraudioguru View Post
I finally got mine yesterday. FEDEX originally said it would be here the 3rd, then the 5th, then the 6th and I got it on the 9th. It got stuck in Newark, NJ for some reason?
I haven't been able to locate anything in FedEx. Did you get a tracking number somehow?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 02:31 AM   #4844
mraudioguru is offline mraudioguru  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryRS View Post
I haven't been able to locate anything in FedEx. Did you get a tracking number somehow?
I received just the chassis. AFAIK, the electronics part of the "kit" hasn't shipped yet.

I have a FEDEX account, so anything that comes to my name and/or address I know about. I'm pretty sure that either the DIY store or HiFi2000 sent me an invoice with the tracking number on it, but I would still have known anyway because of my FEDEX account.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 03:02 AM   #4845
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Melbourne
Amp Camp Amp - ACA
Larry - I believe you have written to the helpdesk at contact@diyaudiostore.com, we'll handle your case there.

As time goes on we're bit-by-bit improving the whole experience, especially regards our "direct shipping" partnership with Hifi2000. When Hifi2000 ships (using FedEx), your email address is added to the FedEx ticket and you should start to receive emails from FedEx about the delivery. At the same time, the store's own internal system will (should!) detect that, and update your order. If you log in to your account in the store, and view your order, you should see the tracking number (if it has been added).

There are a few points of failure, such as incorrect customer email address (when you order), or a keying error (some parts of the chain are manual). It's not perfect but is working great almost every time.

One thing we will be adding very soon is an additional two emails (when you place your order and when FedEx receives your shipment), letting people know that their chassis is insured right up until the point at which you receive your package. Once it has been handed over, FedEx considers its job done and the insurance is now invalid and there is no way to claim back any damage.

I know that when I receive packages I usually sign sign away and the delivery guy is gone the next moment. However we need to make a big deal out of this because that transaction actually marks the end of the insurance process!

Does this mean that you should physically open the FedEx package when you receive it and check every nut and bolt? That's entirely up to you, but if you notice damage 5 minutes after you've received it, it's too late. FedEx won't honor any insurance claim after the goods have been received (at which time they are considered "received in good order"), we can't replace anything after that point so this is your time to shine and a play an active role in both yourself and the store not getting screwed over by FedEx fineprint. So we are going to make a big deal about "do not accept any parcel unless you have verified that it has not been damaged". We know this is not obvious, so we're going to try really hard to communicate this simply, and clearly in the future.

Keep in mind that everything from Hifi2000 comes suitably packaged for the transit to your doorstep, but 1/100 times there might be an issue, especially with something really heavy like a 5U Deluxe or multiple chassis in one, so we are going to forced to make a big deal out of this and we're going to do everything we can to make it clear to our customers what they need to do.

In terms of missing parts, that's on us, but we ask that you do open the package within the first few days and check that there is nothing obviously missing. We're going to make a firm policy on how many days that is, and document it well, and communicate it well.

TL;DR: (1) Refuse any package you receive unless you are 100% sure it has arrived undamaged, the insurance won't cover you if you receive it and don't check for any problems and (2) Open your package as soon as you can to see if anything is missing so we can fix our mistake ASAP.


Please see update here: Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Last edited by Jason; 18th July 2018 at 09:36 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 03:34 AM   #4846
astromo is offline astromo  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: BFN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Larry - I believe you have written to the helpdesk at contact@diyaudiostore.com, we'll handle your case there.

As time goes on we're bit-by-bit improving the whole experience, especially regards our "direct shipping" partnership with Hifi2000. When Hifi2000 ships (using FedEx), your email address is added to the FedEx ticket and you should start to receive emails from FedEx about the delivery. At the same time, the store's own internal system will (should!) detect that, and update your order. If you log in to your account in the store, and view your order, you should see the tracking number (if it has been added).

There are a few points of failure, such as incorrect customer email address (when you order), or a keying error (some parts of the chain are manual). It's not perfect but is working great almost every time.

One thing we will be adding very soon is an additional two emails (when you place your order and when FedEx receives your shipment), letting people know that their chassis is insured right up until the point at which you receive your package. Once it has been handed over, FedEx considers its job done and the insurance is now invalid and there is no way to claim back any damage.

I know that when I receive packages I usually sign sign away and the delivery guy is gone the next moment. However we need to make a big deal out of this because that transaction actually marks the end of the insurance process!

Does this mean that you should physically open the FedEx package when you receive it and check every nut and bolt? That's entirely up to you, but if you notice damage 5 minutes after you've received it, it's too late. FedEx won't honor any insurance claim after the goods have been received (at which time they are considered "received in good order"), we can't replace anything after that point so this is your time to shine and a play an active role in both yourself and the store not getting screwed over by FedEx fineprint. So we are going to make a big deal about "do not accept any parcel unless you have verified that it has not been damaged". We know this is not obvious, so we're going to try really hard to communicate this simply, and clearly in the future.

Keep in mind that everything from Hifi2000 comes suitably packaged for the transit to your doorstep, but 1/100 times there might be an issue, especially with something really heavy like a 5U Deluxe or multiple chassis in one, so we are going to forced to make a big deal out of this and we're going to do everything we can to make it clear to our customers what they need to do.

In terms of missing parts, that's on us, but we ask that you do open the package within the first few days and check that there is nothing obviously missing. We're going to make a firm policy on how many days that is, and document it well, and communicate it well.

TL;DR: (1) Refuse any package you receive unless you are 100% sure it has arrived undamaged, the insurance won't cover you if you receive it and don't check for any problems and (2) Open your package as soon as you can to see if anything is missing so we can fix our mistake ASAP.
Jason, some seriously important advice you've offered up that I wasn't fully aware of.

The store's shipping advice:
About Chassis Shipping
doesn't appear to note the cautionary advice you're offering here around acceptance of a courier delivery and the scope of insurance.

I suggest that it would be worthwhile to review that detail.

Thanks (BTW my chassis order has made it to Singapore. It'll be down under soon)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 04:24 AM   #4847
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Melbourne
Amp Camp Amp - ACA
We're learning as we go - I wasn't fully aware of it until just now either! It's happened very rarely in the past maybe 1 in 100 or 200 orders, and we of course will do everything we can to look after our customers which usually means taking a loss on it ourselves. I can say that Hifi2000 in all the time we have been working on them have the most upstanding ethics and are selfless when it comes to handling customer service and resolving any problems even if it means taking a loss for themselves. It's great to be working with people so focused on making their customers happy.

However, it's clear that this is something we really need to make clear from now on, and get you the customer to help protect us both from this situation (sadly we can't be there in person when you sign the release!). It's just one of those things that needs to be communicated. It's very easy to do, and clearly very important - we just need to communicate that (which we will, in a series of emails, from now on).


Please see update here: Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Last edited by Jason; 18th July 2018 at 09:37 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 10:42 AM   #4848
Mixi is offline Mixi  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Vienna
I ordered an ACA kit the other day and am very much looking forward to building it. I really want to thank the people who make all this possible. I bet it's a hell lot of work and I really appreciate the products and support offered on this forum!

And there's a question: In the build guide I noticed that no sanding of the chassis parts is mentioned to make a good connection. Is noise or RF interference a problem with this design at all? Reason I'm asking is because I just spent a lot of time "silencing" another amp I built and had some massive issues with RFI noise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 05:41 PM   #4849
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: victoria BC
I built a pair for a friend without any such extra detail, and haven't been advised that he's noticed any noise.


Dave ?
__________________
you know I can’t quit you, baby
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 11:59 PM   #4850
tjw59 is online now tjw59  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
My ACA's sit in direct line of sight of a group of 5 radio and television towers. High power signals at that. A 1 million watt UHF TV, Another 800kw UHF TV, and 4 100 kw FM stations.

The only way you know these amps are on are if they are playing music, or the LED's are on. Hopefully you will have the same result! But that is my experience with them.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixi View Post
I ordered an ACA kit the other day and am very much looking forward to building it. I really want to thank the people who make all this possible. I bet it's a hell lot of work and I really appreciate the products and support offered on this forum!

And there's a question: In the build guide I noticed that no sanding of the chassis parts is mentioned to make a good connection. Is noise or RF interference a problem with this design at all? Reason I'm asking is because I just spent a lot of time "silencing" another amp I built and had some massive issues with RFI noise.

Last edited by tjw59; 12th July 2018 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Spelling Error -
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Amp Camp Amp - ACAHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amp Camp Amp #1 Nelson Pass diyAudio.com Articles 54 8th May 2018 03:13 AM
Amp Camp! Jason Site Announcements 2 30th June 2012 02:57 PM
Best D camp config for Tweeter amp Zero One Class D 0 24th February 2010 04:57 AM
better the Pass camp? rick57 Tubes / Valves 6 26th March 2005 06:04 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki