Amp Camp Amp - ACA

We're working on more kits, and hoping to offer more options such as allowing to order the parts with a chassis, or with just the tapped & drilled heatsinks, or maybe just the parts and PCB.

They are at least 2 months out though....

Definitely offer parts and pcb, I'm possibly considering a 10W version which will require a different heatsink and chassis, so only need parts/pcb.

last, views.

JP

Attachments

• ACA-PCB-TOP.jpg
    ACA-PCB-TOP.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 461
  • ACA-PBA-TOP1.jpg
    ACA-PBA-TOP1.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 448
For all who can´t wait!

First, schematics, PBA top and drill document...

JP

You need to add the option for running a 1/2W resistor from the base ztx450 to it's emitter. Not shown on the original schematic but should be there.
C103 of 1000u might cause instability on some switch mode power supplies. To be safe I probably wouldn't exceed 100uF, Nelson used 10uF here.
Good to see Elna Silmics used.

Last edited:
That's my bias mod. Which means I used what I could find, that resulted in 1.22A.
Using 2.2k gives a higher bias figure.
I'll have a look around for the 2.2k resistor and retest. I might have a chance to do it tomorrow.

Well, I guess depending on your distortion results I might go for your bias mod.

Though I'm about to change to 24v supplies so most interested in which bias reeults in lower distortion.

Well, I guess depending on your distortion results I might go for your bias mod.

Though I'm about to change to 24v supplies so most interested in which bias reeults in lower distortion.

The 2.2k resistor will certainly be better. But maybe the improvement is only another 0.1% drop to 0.7%.
It's just about finding the right compromise in order not to overheat the parts on the existing heatsink.

I have some other parts which will bring the distortion down below 0.1% but maybe it sounds better with more distortion not less.
Fun to try though.

Last edited: