Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Amp Camp Amp - ACA
Amp Camp Amp - ACA
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #9991
MatthewPDX is offline MatthewPDX  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain pugwash View Post
But its the gps location data attached to the final delivery scan that you need to get FedEx to retrieve for you. This is internal FedEx only data, they should be able to print out a google earth type location map that marks the spot of the final delivery scan. Suspicious if they can't.
I also imagine it will make life easier dealing with the modushop if you make this request.
I'm assuming FedEx is working the location issue with the driver, but like I said, I have zero faith in their ability to find it.

Hurry up and wait, I guess.
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #9992
captain pugwash is offline captain pugwash  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You don't need the results of a conversation with the driver you need the location data automatically generated when he or someone scanned your parcel barcode as delivered. This is available right now if you call FedEx!
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM   #9993
diyAudio Member

Quote:
You don't need the results of a conversation with the driver you need the location data automatically generated when he or someone scanned your parcel barcode as delivered. This is available right now if you call FedEx!
I don't see it as my job to find the box they mis-delivered! I checked the small store in my building and the apartment next door. Now it's on FedEx.

ETA: Just got a call from FedEx, they are at least looking for it!

Last edited by MatthewPDX; Yesterday at 08:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #9994
IntheBatCave is offline IntheBatCave  United States
diyAudio Member

Amp Camp Amp - ACA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan4411 View Post
Two thoughts,
First is that each amp board needs to dissipate 36 Watts all the time (class A) so 72 Watt for a stereo amp.
Second is the official case has 2 heatsinks, one per amp board, both are 8'' x 3.25'' with 1.5'' fins. Then the ACA still runs hot. How hot depends on ambient temperature of course.

I suspect you will still be short on free air cooling with your revised heatsink.
Thank you, very useful information (that I probably should have already known). I'm not sure where I came up with the number, but I thought it was 20 watts per board. I guess what I will do is start by temporarily mounting both boards to the new heat sink, with out any other fitment for the case, power them up and just monitor the temperatures. I know cooling wouldn't get any better if I trim it down, so if there is insufficient cooling at that point, I won't waste any more time going that route

Thank you again.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #9995
diyAudio Member

I apologize for being a grouch!
Old Today, 01:49 AM   #9996
Pilk is offline Pilk
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The design comes from this thread "Mark Audio Alpair 10.3/A10p MLTL". Been using them with various chip amps but the one fault was occasional brightness with some recordings, this is not the case with the ACA.
My pair of ACAs are on the 2 outer shelves, a big part of the appeal for me was the small case to fit the amps on the shelves. I went for the deeper version of the case to compensate for the lack of airflow and all seems fine temperature wise.
My favourite speakers are however the TABAQ with P830987, I have these in another room with an F5. Worth checking out the long running TABAQ thread if you are unfamiliar, they must be the best, simplest and cheapest diy build ever!!
Coming from a world of multiway speakers with crossovers, my brain really can't understand the single full range drivers. Not to mention I have dual 21" subs and can't imagine any fullness on the bottom end without some support from subs. They must work but it seems illogical.

I'm in the middle of a Elsinore build that is sitting idle in my shop. Its a mildly complicated cabinet with a complicated crossover (at least to me). I keep looking at the full range driver options thinking I might try a pair to see what they're like. Thanks for posting the pics. Nice set up.
Old Today, 02:01 AM   #9997
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Amp Camp Amp - ACA
You can certainly use your subwoofers with a FR satelitte. You’d only need to getthem down to 80 Hz?

dave

Amp Camp Amp - ACAHide this!Advertise here!