oneplustwo Aleph X build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@Eric: Graeme helped me with matched 9510s for which I believe I still owe him beer. Hopefully at burning amp this year. These were from his units before he upgraded himself.

@6L6: yes, I'm considering reusing the trafo/rectifier/etc part of my F5 for the F4. Question is whether it makes sense to do so based on the risk that I would ever sell one of them. My guess is no so ill probably go for it. The other thought which I've never seen done is using the same heat sinks! I'd probably use a heavy switch for the PSU connections and have separate input and outputs. But I'm not sure it's worth the risks. It would eliminate a huge majority of build costs though! Anyone seen this done before?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The only issue I see with sharing heatsinks is that you would want the amp boards not in use to be completely removed electrically -- instead of a switch you would want your non-permanent connections to be on a screw terminal block or barrier of some kind.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.