Strange behavior of my Threshold SL10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
So, I've checked cleaned and reassembled all the switches -- they look to be ok. It does not help :-(! It looks like this shortening between grnd ant hots (r,l,g -- all connected) occurs in the "end" inside or around this green box (coil) see photo attached. If you measure connectivity on rec outs -- everything good. What is inside this green coil can it cause the problem?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Yep, it was a relay. Removed it and have the problem gone, but sure need a replacement. Can you please suggest me a replacement which is available on market? Thanks!

P.s. I hate these switches in sl-10, how mr Pass could approve them for usage? :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
without altering line stage gain , only thing you can do is to insert L Pad attenuator cells in these two lines

easy to do ditto on RCA connectors inside

desolder hot wire , insert 10K resistor in series , from meeting point of resistor and wire put another 10K to gnd (ditto on RCA gnd lug)

that will give you -6db (half loud)

do the same on both channels , for all inputs you want

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.