F5 Turbo Builders Thread

Hi,

NS, maybe post a photo of your VU meter. I'd like to add some visuals if they are cool and not too complex.

Hi,
Been into it today with my F5t,tweeking and playing I will post a picture of the vu meters,But if you would like to see them now ,google marc barellie plazma display,they are ez to build and not to costly ,I would like to adapt it to LEDS, but that tube glow in the plazma tube is like fire,you like to watch it,lol.but it's a 120 db scale so you can see ,very quickly I might say,see the levels going on on the chanels,it's not wieghted so you see it all,
AudioSan yep 2,2k was too much backed it down to 1.5 k couldn't get to rail voltage fets loading,but now I know,lol.Thanks !BTW what ma fets you like for the turbo?
Where do you buy dale's anyone got a good source?
Thanks ,
NS

Last edited:
Three chassis stereo amps make for expensive umbilical cords and a whole row of amp cases.

If effy is 25%, then a 100 watt class A amp will dissipate 400 watts at idle. One measure of xformer size is 3-5 times dissipation, so 1.6Kva will only be good for one channel anyway. Then two boxes is a must, or you can't lift it anyway.

This is going to be expensive.