F5 Turbo Builders Thread

oh. just got a briliant idee. i'm going to have a uplighted F5 turbo logo in the front, both in standby and when power on. it will be by LED's mounted in frosted plexiglas.
i'll drill 10 holes for red LED's and 10 holes for blue LED's and mount them every other red and blue. i'll take the blue LED's directly from the powersupply and the red LED's from the softstart's standby circuit. when the power is on, the logo will light up in blue.
and when i turn it off, it will go directly over to purple and slowly go over to red while the cap bank gets drained:) that will look awsome.

oh. just got a briliant idee. i'm going to have a uplighted F5 turbo logo in the front, both in standby and when power on. it will be by LED's mounted in frosted plexiglas.
i'll drill 10 holes for red LED's and 10 holes for blue LED's and mount them every other red and blue. i'll take the blue LED's directly from the powersupply and the red LED's from the softstart's standby circuit. when the power is on, the logo will light up in blue.
and when i turn it off, it will go directly over to purple and slowly go over to red while the cap bank gets drained:) that will look awsome.

I hope it sounds good ....

I have a single pair of Jfets in PS@ 25 volts and will wait to change R5,R6, P1 is runout so I was thinking to try a 680R after the mailman gets them here,what do you think a optimum R value would be for R5,6? To get the bias to a max of 2.5 A ?
Planing for 35 volt rails .
Thanks,
NS

This is just my opinion but I listen to about 10 songs streamed down from Pandora into a DAC 7 into F5t and you know how sometimes you here a song you know and you think that sounds different and you listen some more and pull up other songs you know and it sounds different ,like better,more detail,better bass notes,and I like a dead quiet background ,that's what I experienced.
Happy Listening!
NS

From what I am seeing here, all V3's must be monoblock to have adequate heat sinking. I have one 36 VAC 1.6KVA transformer -- so it looks like two of them will be needed for a V3 using 4 pairs per channel -- could very tall heatsinks do the job? (I am not keen on the fan tunnel).

that will be VERY tall. its better to build it deeper and with higher fins. and/or you can mount som fans under the sinks (in your stereo bench) that blows up. that will not give you the hugh amount of fan noise. or you can build monoblocks and have a 3. chassis that holds the single transformer.

I already have the PSU built as the NP scheme, it will take only 4 Mur3020 for both channels (equal to the schema F5T V2).

Sent make a toroidal 800VAC, 24VAC, 35A, in this case with only one secondary of 24VAC.

The builder says no wire GND. Do I have to GND as the Quad virtual (2 capacitors 470nF) or have to change builder?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.