Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

F5 Turbo Builders Thread
F5 Turbo Builders Thread
F5 Turbo Builders Thread Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2019, 01:39 PM   #5831
chiily is online now chiily  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

After a week of playing with bias settings, letting the while amp get up to temperature - takes a surprisingly long time, I plugged them into my ESL57s. They certainly reveal a little more detail than my Avondale Voyages, but I'm not convinced as to their pace. More listening needed.

I haven't fitted a thermistor between the 0v and the chassis though I have fitted the safety earth through a diode bridge. The only hum is mechanical from the transformer. Other than that the amp is silent.

Preamps so far have been a WHAMMY (not sure what opamp it has installed!) and a PFM B4. The B4 runs out of volume as it is only a buffer with no amplification.
Old 11th December 2019, 01:35 PM   #5832
Pavel Kula is offline Pavel Kula
diyAudio Member

Default Power switch

Dear all,
did anyone find any nice power switch for the round hole in the front panel? I'm building an F5T into a DeLuxe 5U chassis.

thank you
Old 11th December 2019, 09:28 PM   #5833
AudioSan is offline AudioSan  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Kula View Post
Dear all,
did anyone find any nice power switch for the round hole in the front panel? I'm building an F5T into a DeLuxe 5U chassis.

thank you
is it 16mm or 19mm hole?
Old 12th December 2019, 07:21 AM   #5834
Pavel Kula is offline Pavel Kula
diyAudio Member

No hole yet. They can drill anything. I only found this one rated 250VAC/10A, but it's short, I couldn't use a nut.

https://cz.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...jOEuhAY8gXc%3D

I was still thinking that I could turn off the 12V power for relay in the soft start board. I don't know if it's a safe choice when the soft start input circuit is still under 240V.
Old 12th December 2019, 08:45 AM   #5835
coolnose is offline coolnose  Europe
diyAudio Member

Pavel,

I think this would defeat the soft-start function of the soft-start as the caps are permanently charged if not mistaken it would fry the resistors as well - I might be wrong though.

I suggest you check the soft-start thread and understand how the circuit works and go from there.

Max
Old 12th December 2019, 11:05 AM   #5836
AudioSan is offline AudioSan  Norway
diyAudio Member

E-bay have plenty of this sort of powerswitches. Selfreset and laching types in 16mm and 19mm and all kind og colors.
I use hypex softstart and 16mm blue led selfreset for my builds. And a red 3mm diode for standby.

F5 Turbo Builders ThreadHide this!Advertise here!