F5 Turbo is posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"zoom in", what am I missing?

I click on the image and it stays the same.
I "view image" and it opens a new page and displays the same size up in the top left corner.
I cannot "zoom in" on either of these.

Not quite the same with the post512 pic. The image does expand to 834x1014 which fills about 2/3rds of my monitor screen. I cannot "zoom in" any further.

What am I not doing right?

Jacco, that was not nice. My smaller files campaign is about not sending Megafiles that automatically download from a remote server that slows down or goes off air. Not about posting pics that cannot be read. If there is useful information that we Members need to see then that is allowed by the Forum. Their limits are BIG, but most pics do not need to get anywhere near those limits to impart all the information that is useful.

And since you said it, I'll agree, you are behaving like a clown.

Last edited:
"zoom in", what am I missing?

I click on the image and it stays the same.
I "view image" and it opens a new page and displays the same size up in the top left corner.
I cannot "zoom in" on either of these.

Not quite the same with the post512 pic. The image does expand to 834x1014 which fills about 2/3rds of my monitor screen. I can "zoom in" any further.

What am I not doing right.

Jacco, that was not nice. My smaller files campaign is about not sending Megafiles that automatically download from a remote server that slows down or goes off air. Not about posting pics that cannot be read. If there is useful information that we Members need to see then that is allowed by the Forum. Their limits are BIG, but most pics do not need to get anywhere near those limits to impart all the information that is useful.

And since you said it, I'll agree, you are behaving like a clown.

As Jacco said OR with a Macbook you can zoom in with 2 fingers on the track pad as large as you want (it does get blurry if you go too large), I am speaking about post 512 pic. Very handy.
The smaller image that Jacco posted I can read without zooming in.

Rush

Rush

Here is the plot with grid lines and the .asc file:

Attachments

• turbo-sim3.gif
    turbo-sim3.gif
    93.1 KB · Views: 442
  • F5-Turbo-full-clean.asc
    7.7 KB · Views: 71
CNTRL+Scroll works and importing into Irfanview & + also works.
But although I can now read 0r5, it is more than a bit fuzzy. I'm not going to blame my eyes. They get a health check at least every two years and sometimes more often.

How do I reset to my normal view of windows?

Last edited:
I did a check on the numbers being presented in the plot.
@ Vin=0.5V
Vout=6V
V*I=10W
IR7*2=1.8A, IR7 = 900mA
IR8*2=0.3A, IR7 = 150mA
Id1*4=0.16A, ID4 = 40mA
Id2=N/A

From these I can calculate that Iout = IR7*2 + Id1*4 - IR8*2 = 1.66A
Gain = Vout / Vin = 12 (this seems very high !)
Peak instantaneous Power = 6V * 1.66A = 10Wpk
Vrs = 450mV
ID4 = 40mA @ 450mVf

These (except for gain) seem to make much sense.
They indicate that when at quiescent bias, the diodes are effectively OFF.
When the output current has risen to twice the bias current, i.e. maximum ClassA output current of 1Apk, the diodes have a fairly low current contribution.
When the amplifier has transitioned into ClassAB operation the diodes begin to make a significant output current contribution.

Other than the odd gain, this is the information I have been looking for.

Can we compare a high Vrs quiescent setting and how the diode current contribute to the output current for this?

I'll be rash and make a prediction.
If Ibias requires a voltage across the diodes that turns the Diodes ON, then we will see that "kink" in the plots. Can we do a differentiation of the current slope to show up the kink more easily?

Last edited:
On most modern web browsers, zooming the page in/out is standardized to holding the control key and using the plus (+) and minus (-) keys to zoom in/out respectively. Holding the control key down and pressing zero (0) resets the window to its original size.

I'm not a mac person, so on the mac it may be the funky option key instead of the control key.

However, with most images on web pages, which are of a fixed size, If they are already displayed with a one to one image pixel to screen pixel resolution, zooming will just "replicate" pixels and will make the image fuzzy. The more you zoom, the fuzzier it will get.

I did a check on the numbers being presented in the plot.
@ Vin=0.5V
Vout=6V
V*I=10W
IR7*2=1.8A, IR7 = 900mA
IR8*2=0.3A, IR7 = 150mA
Id1*4=0.16A, ID4 = 40mA
Id2=N/A

From these I can calculate that Iout = IR7*2 + Id1*4 - IR8*2 = 1.66A
Gain = Vout / Vin = 12 (this seems very high !)
Peak instantaneous Power = 6V * 1.66A = 10Wpk
Vrs = 450mV
ID4 = 40mA @ 450mVf

These (except for gain) seem to make much sense.
They indicate that when at quiescent bias, the diodes are effectively OFF.
When the output current has risen to twice the bias current, i.e. maximum ClassA output current of 1Apk, the diodes have a fairly low current contribution.
When the amplifier has transitioned into ClassAB operation the diodes begin to make a significant output current contribution.

Other than the odd gain, this is the information I have been looking for.

Can we compare a high Vrs quiescent setting and how the diode current contribute to the output current for this?

I'll be rash and make a prediction.
If Ibias requires a voltage across the diodes that turns the Diodes ON, then we will see that "kink" in the plots. Can we do a differentiation of the current slope to show up the kink more easily?

The gain is correct. Look at Nelson's F5 Turbo V2 schematic. The feedback network has 2 x 220 ohm resistors in parallel (110 ohms) and 10 ohms to ground. That is a 12:1 divider.

I will work up a different presentation show output stage open-loop transconductance vs output current.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.