Building a Pearl 2

Thanks all!

@Mrshazbot I was worried I'd experience some of the problems others reported in this thread. However it worked perfectly, when I finally corrected the polarity on the PS!

It is dead quiet and a joy to listen to! The chassis are from HiFi 2000 and fit perfectly in the space I have. PS box is steel, the RIAA box is aluminum.

Slimline 1U Case ordered (steel for RIA) - Thanks to some folk on here inc 6L6 I just need some 5mm standoffs and to buy short stumpy caps linked to in earlier posts and it will all fit in one long low case that I can put in front of the turntable. Systemdek with a Music master moving Iron cartridge on linear Air bearing Tonearm. Total frankenstein turntable. Project speedbox power supply too.
IMG_0559.jpg

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Probably wouldn’t need to charge them all that often, you’ll need a lot of battery; 24v per rail, so (4) 12v batteries.

I’d also mention that my pearl is the quietest phonostage I have. The only trick is get the RIAA chassis 3’ from any transformer. :)

I am in the process of putting all the populated boards into their chassis and hooking them up for my Pearl 2 build. Do you know where there is a tutorial on how to hook up the transformer for the power supply? This is my first time using a transformer in a project, so I am a little nervous about screwing up and damaging something. Should I post pics of the transformer itself to make it easier?

Thanks