Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Building a Pearl 2
Building a Pearl 2
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2019, 11:47 PM   #1211
metalman is offline metalman  Canada
diyAudio Member

For connectors for power (umbilical and chassis) I used these for my dual mono power supply:

T 3361 001 Amphenol Sine Systems Corp | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

T 3360 001 Amphenol Sine Systems Corp | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

T 3362 000 Amphenol Sine Systems Corp | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

T 3363 000 Amphenol Sine Systems Corp | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

They can’t be confused with signal line connections, and the screw connection is pretty bulletproof.

Terry
Old 24th January 2019, 01:11 AM   #1212
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

These connectors look nice. Good for harsh environments. A little pricey though.

MRD-BN04-M17-00 Amphenol Commercial Products | Mouser

MRD-BG04-L13-000 Amphenol Commercial Products | Mouser
Old 3rd February 2019, 02:10 AM   #1213
Enochrome is offline Enochrome  United States
diyAudio Member

Sorry for the obvious question, but I am a beginner. I just received the Pearl 2 boards and would like to start to order parts. In regards to the power supply, can I use the PSU available at the site store or is that not appropriate? I know it might be overkill, but the build guide has a chipamp power supply and they are no longer in business. Also, is there a Mouser BOM readily available? Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 03:31 AM   #1214
WBS is offline WBS  United States
diyAudio Member

Building a Pearl 2
Check posts 1194 & 1195 for starters.
Old 3rd February 2019, 03:52 AM   #1215
Lbcyclist is offline Lbcyclist  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enochrome View Post
Ö can I use the PSU available at the site store or is that not appropriate? I know it might be overkill Ö
Yes you can. I just finished building a powersupply for Pearl 2 using that board. Itís very nicely done and easy to work on. It is also a very flexible board - you can take it as far as you want.

Quote:
Ö is there a Mouser BOM Ö
I donít think there is. But, there are Mouser part numbers for the capacitors and transistors, and you can find more reading this thread as well as the main Pearl 2 discussion thread. You can buy as expensive, or cheap, parts as you desire. I am building my second Pearl 2 [first one went to a friend starting w vinyl]. The first I built with decent but not OTT parts, this one I am building following the Formula 1 construction philosophy.
Old 3rd February 2019, 01:04 PM   #1216
McQuaide is offline McQuaide  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Sorry for the obvious question, but I am a beginner. I just received the Pearl 2 boards and would like to start to order parts. In regards to the power supply, can I use the PSU available at the site store or is that not appropriate? I know it might be overkill, but the build guide has a chipamp power supply and they are no longer in business. Also, is there a Mouser BOM readily available? Thanks

I just built one using the schematic in the Pearl 2 doc by Wayne. It has minimal parts and is all you need. There is a connection missing from the schematic (rectifier common to circuit ground) that tripped me up, but the folks here pointed it out right away.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 3rd February 2019, 03:43 PM   #1217
Russellc is offline Russellc  United States
diyAudio Member

Building a Pearl 2
What is this about ground to rectifier common? I dont recall doing that, cant quite make out wiring from photo? I copied from build guide, I'll have to open mine up for a peak. It is very quiet.

Russellc
Old 3rd February 2019, 06:48 PM   #1218
WBS is offline WBS  United States
diyAudio Member

Building a Pearl 2
Go to the first post and check the 4th photo down and you'll see that there is a hand drawn line showing the rectifier common to ground connection that was missing in the schematic published with the original Pearl 2 article.
Old 3rd February 2019, 08:31 PM   #1219
McQuaide is offline McQuaide  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
What is this about ground to rectifier common? I dont recall doing that, cant quite make out wiring from photo? I copied from build guide, I'll have to open mine up for a peak. It is very quiet.

Russellc

The power supply won't work without it so I'm sure yours has it.
Old 3rd February 2019, 09:32 PM   #1220
Russellc is offline Russellc  United States
diyAudio Member

Building a Pearl 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQuaide View Post
The power supply won't work without it so I'm sure yours has it.
Well that squares it. I've kidded myself about a lot of audio stuff, but I'm not that oblivious!

Thanks,

Russellc

Building a Pearl 2Hide this!Advertise here!