L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Joined 2009
Paid Member
o.k. Zen Mod,

the same procedure as every year..... my Lowther/Tone Tubby open baffle and I tried to get better bass by a Klipsch SW-110 Subwoofer, but the definition of the baffles got worse so ..... maybe I sell him again....

Attachments

• Open Baffle gerd.jpg
    Open Baffle gerd.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 646
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I thought it to be a good idea because people who want to build this lovely amp get a impression for fitting speakers....

I never go to a pub and I do not drink bear......I am a shy guy! Therefore I am doing electronics! :D:D

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Ive heard the large Zu audio Dominance is it? They are something. Very powerful, live sound. I bet the Pass SIT amps are a good compliment, probably tame the strong mid range.

Btw- got the 2sk82s in the mail today. :D. ..and finished Zen 9. This is the amp building version of chain smoking...

bon week-end generg..

it s a french man i know who sell it with the name of "La Rosita" or "Zardoz" i use it alone without external dac and it sounds very "analog" to my taste.. better than all the modern dac i have bought before ( weiss 202, berkeley alpha, accustic arts etc...) the "commercial models are a little expensive so i just bought the " moded airport module "from them and put it in a box with my own power
supply..

:)
http://www.db-system.fr/bd_system/ZArdoZ.html

4) I know its heresy, but I was considering going switch mode on the PSU. Maybe something from here: Connexelectronic Maybe this: Connexelectronic

Thanks again.

Anchan, I think a switchmode supply might be ideal for this amp. The best switchers I've found are Vicor models. These are very expensive (as much as $1400), but often show up on eBay for much less, sometimes $50. According to ilimzn, these SIT devices operate best holding the PSU voltage very steady. A switcher can accomplish that.