Burning Amp BA-3b (Balanced)

hi, I was completing the assembly of the components on the pcb of the Burning Amp BA-3 as a guide 6L6, now, I saw this thread on the balanced version, coreggetemi if I'm wrong, in case I wanted to build the version b changes to remove the resistors R5 from 100 Ohm on both channels of the BA-3 board and join them with a 200 ohm resistor? connect the positive input to a channel, the negative to the other channel, mass in common? and at the output of the 2 pcb of power one the positive speaker and the other the negative speakers? quite right ?

Attachments

• full-schm-bal.jpg
    full-schm-bal.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 532
hi, I was completing the assembly of the components on the pcb of the Burning Amp BA-3 as a guide 6L6, now, I saw this thread on the balanced version, coreggetemi if I'm wrong, in case I wanted to build the version b changes to remove the resistors R5 from 100 Ohm on both channels of the BA-3 board and join them with a 200 ohm resistor? connect the positive input to a channel, the negative to the other channel, mass in common? and at the output of the 2 pcb of power one the positive speaker and the other the negative speakers? quite right ?

I am not sure. I am making the single-ended. This is mine. 20180727_155206.jpg . Can you please show me where did you read about the R5?

Thanks but it is not going to solve my problem. The output board I have is a current follower which means it will not amplify voltage, only current. I need a pre-amp that outputs 60-70v to9 drive the board well, anything smaller will not do.
ZM answer in post #615 is best for BA3, learn what is needed and post your new schematic here so we can help you. If you want ready made solution then your choice is really limited.
Somebody please correct if I'm mistaken, I think the Impasse can potentially output close to ~40V RMS = 113.2Vpp and the Pumpkin ~20V RMS = 56.6Vpp for a 2 V RMS input and < 1k ohm output impedance.

ZM answer in post #615 is best for BA3, learn what is needed and post your new schematic here so we can help you. If you want ready made solution then your choice is really limited.
Somebody please correct if I'm mistaken, I think the Impasse can potentially output close to ~40V RMS = 113.2Vpp and the Pumpkin ~20V RMS = 56.6Vpp for a 2 V RMS input and < 1k ohm output impedance.

Thank you so much for your input. Post 6 15 doesn't have anything but if you mean post 616 the schematic, that was posted by me couple of weeks ago. I will definitely Investigate what you talking about the above.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

regarding old :Pumpkin: , rails are +/-36V .... so , easy to imagine what output voltage envelope can be ..... well , practically as far you have cojones to go

:)