Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Burning Amp BA-3b (Balanced)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2018, 12:47 PM   #631
dodovouk is offline dodovouk
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra1 View Post
There are ImPasse Preamplifier with ImPasse Preamplifier thread by SY and Pumpkin preamp - More Boring Making Thread by ZM that may suit your need better.
Thanks but it is not going to solve my problem. The output board I have is a current follower which means it will not amplify voltage, only current. I need a pre-amp that outputs 60-70v to9 drive the board well, anything smaller will not do.
Old 14th October 2018, 12:56 PM   #632
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neno70 View Post
hi, I was completing the assembly of the components on the pcb of the Burning Amp BA-3 as a guide 6L6, now, I saw this thread on the balanced version, coreggetemi if I'm wrong, in case I wanted to build the version b changes to remove the resistors R5 from 100 Ohm on both channels of the BA-3 board and join them with a 200 ohm resistor? connect the positive input to a channel, the negative to the other channel, mass in common? and at the output of the 2 pcb of power one the positive speaker and the other the negative speakers? quite right ?
I am not sure. I am making the single-ended. This is mine. 20180727_155206.jpg. Can you please show me where did you read about the R5?
Old 14th October 2018, 01:00 PM   #633
Zen Mod is online now Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

you were given with recipe few pages back

cascode input stage of BA3 FE , raise rails voltage , and sky is the limit
Old 14th October 2018, 01:33 PM   #634
indra1 is offline indra1  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodovouk View Post
Thanks but it is not going to solve my problem. The output board I have is a current follower which means it will not amplify voltage, only current. I need a pre-amp that outputs 60-70v to9 drive the board well, anything smaller will not do.
ZM answer in post #615 is best for BA3, learn what is needed and post your new schematic here so we can help you. If you want ready made solution then your choice is really limited.
Somebody please correct if I'm mistaken, I think the Impasse can potentially output close to ~40V RMS = 113.2Vpp and the Pumpkin ~20V RMS = 56.6Vpp for a 2 V RMS input and < 1k ohm output impedance.
Old 14th October 2018, 01:48 PM   #635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
ZM answer in post #615 is best for BA3, learn what is needed and post your new schematic here so we can help you. If you want ready made solution then your choice is really limited.
Somebody please correct if I'm mistaken, I think the Impasse can potentially output close to ~40V RMS = 113.2Vpp and the Pumpkin ~20V RMS = 56.6Vpp for a 2 V RMS input and < 1k ohm output impedance.
Thank you so much for your input. Post 6 15 doesn't have anything but if you mean post 616 the schematic, that was posted by me couple of weeks ago. I will definitely Investigate what you talking about the above.
Old 14th October 2018, 02:19 PM   #636
indra1 is offline indra1  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodovouk View Post
Thank you so much for your input. Post 615 doesn't have anything...
This is what I meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
... cascode input stage and use higher rails
You need to catch up on reading especially the "F5 Turbo" V3 section material to really get what ZM meant.
Old 14th October 2018, 02:24 PM   #637
Zen Mod is online now Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

Quote:
regarding old , rails are +/-36V .... so , easy to imagine what output voltage envelope can be ..... well , practically as far you have cojones to go

Old 14th October 2018, 07:25 PM   #638
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
regarding old , rails are +/-36V .... so , easy to imagine what output voltage envelope can be ..... well , practically as far you have cojones to go

ZEN Pre cascode 3.jpg
Old 15th October 2018, 09:03 PM   #639
seanny is offline seanny  United States
diyAudio Member

For now you can put a power transformer between your driver and the buffer. Enjoy your music while you come up with a complicated solution.
Old 15th October 2018, 10:05 PM   #640
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny View Post
For now you can put a power transformer between your driver and the buffer. Enjoy your music while you come up with a complicated solution.
What do you mean?

Burning Amp BA-3b (Balanced)Hide this!Advertise here!