Burning Amp BA-3b (Balanced)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
loading resistor , which is mutual for two mirrored halves , increases symmetry of output signal .

ya know - usual mumbo jumbo - just think about any out of phase garbage ....... ;

- what's happening when each half have own separate loading resistor , connected to gnd ;
- what's happening when that resistor is mutual (R5) ....

;)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Would you not want to be able to drive it with single-ended input?

:cool:

there is a dawn in my brain.....UGS :p

there is a similarity to UGS 3a from Cheff if you put Q3 and Q4 to the outside, there is the source connection but no SUSY feedback, but with F5 there were some ideas......

thanks Mr. Nelson :D

Attachments

• bba-3-.gif
    bba-3-.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 3,656
  • SchemaDuGus.gif
    SchemaDuGus.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 3,576
Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
ok, they are 'just' reversing supply polarity to jfet then :clown:

1000uf, wonder if size and type is important then :confused:

but in paralel with bias pot ?
boy am I glad I dont have to understand it :p

from manual

Coming off the Drain of Q1 is the loading network of R6, C1 and P1, and there is a comparable network of R7, C2, and P2 attached to the Drain of Q2. R6 clearly sets the AC load for Q1, but the DC requirements to bias up Mosfet Q3 are higher than that, so P1 in parallel with C1 provides a higher resistance value below about 0.5 Hz, and gives the approximately 3 volt DC drop required to bias the Mosfets.

well, Nelson clearly said if you use the parts specified

the 30kB Gif is easier on the eyes than the 16kB Png. The 59kB Png is capable of displaying far more detail, but for that schematic is a complete waste at 2550pixels wide.
For the record, I appreciate the utility of making the schematic 2550 pixels wide - it makes the text more readable when scaled down to fit your screen. In other words, more detail and resolution is useful. I merely pointed out that JPEG was blurring the fine detail needlessly, considering other formats are available that are better suited.

By the way, you all hopefully realize the irony of arguing that any file format is fine so long as the schematic is brilliant, when there are more people in this world who would laugh at us all and say that any amplifier is fine so long as it makes the music louder and some kind of sound comes out of the speaker. :p