The Mini-A

Hey All-

I've been on the hunt for a low power, low voltage-gain amp for my Radian 951pb/be on SEOS 24's (DSP active) for quite a while now. What I need is something around unity gain. I stumbled across these on ebay/aliexpress, which I'd guess is sacrilege around here...

A couple quick questions, what is the voltage gain of these guys? Would they be suitable/reliable for running long days in a recording studio (we have A/C and ventilation)? The Radian/SEOS 24's are running from ~750hz to 20k. Would it be a problem if I still needed to pad down the input? In front of a 'normal' amp, I need to pad around 30dB (IE crown D45, Parasound, UCD180).

Also is buying something like this from aliexpress a terrible idea? This is beyond my DIY skills. I have a family friend that could probably help me with them, but it might be some years before I could actually use them!

Thanks

This scheme is the same as the card I bought on aliexpress!

I need some advice regarding a version of the Mini (see schematic).
It's supposed to be fed with a 17V transformer so something like 24V DC (?)

View attachment 678767

Are FU9210 a good substitute for IRF9610 ?
(Or maybe a must due to higher voltage ?)

Shouldn't R24 and R26 change places ? (see red arrow in scematic)

R9 and R27 have different values, most schematics show same...
... any suggestions ?

Regards from a newbie :)

This scheme is the same as the card I bought on aliexpress!

Hello. I bought this board on aliexpress (Final Dual PASS AM Amplificador/10 W pequena A/Desequilibrado Entrada W/Entrada Balanceada|amplifier a|amplifier 10wamplifier small - AliExpress) and would like to know if anyone has any construction tips. My transformer has 13v + 13v and output of 18v + 18v (20A). This board has all fixed value resistors.

You should be fine to use that Transformer, the aleph M amplifiers can run up to 30V rails ( depending on heatsink & installed caps )

These are the original BrianGT boards, no surface mount......they have snap off wings that are not used to make the basic 8W amp or you can add more output devices for higher power with the "wings".

It looks like postage for a padded envelope to UK is about $15

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_072419775.jpg
    IMG_20210121_072419775.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Yes I have this extra board.....built a mini-A years ago and it's still going strong.

As far as the documentation goes...I can't remember ......it's been about a decade.

There should be lots of info on this thread and the build is pretty straightforward.

I also have some transformers that work well for this......but shipping is likely a deal-breaker.....they won't fit in a padded envelope.

To Carsten, don't understand if you are offering but I don't want the board for SMD components sorry.
To boywonder that's why I asked I read the complete thread from post 1 and there where some people mentioning that exact issue of the different components numbers.
But again I will only buy if there are 2 separated boards I don't have use for just one channel.
I have all the components for the buy bar the boards hence the question but thanks for the offer.