MOSFET vs Bipolar

Which output device type do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tubes,-)
Great.-)
Some ideas:
The tuning of sound, components, is a tuning of Material, too: wood - iron - glass ... one reason for coherence of big wooden-rumble-speakers (most horns ...) and tubes (iron, glass).
The build of lot tubeamps is "freewired" - a big advantage vs. pcb. My mind (For twenty years, near, I do not use pcbs,-).
The build of tubes - the same problem as caps - mistaken of electric circuit: "x-circuits" result in an "open" "stage". The bigger (the tubes) the "better" - seems. But not as correct as a little tube, or many of them. The distortions TH are a problem seldom - the ear does listen other distortions: results of much circuits, materials, big diameters, devices (most transistor-amps are tombs for components and much,-! soldings.-) The result of "tube-sound" (clear, fluid ...) is, in my mind, a result of build of, too.
Great,-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.