Burning Amp BA-3

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Output stage for BBA3

I'm hammering up a BBA3 and I just realized that I do not have an output stage to mate it with:p
Really just an excuse for finding additional projects:D
Any suggestion anyone? I don't need much power and I don't think I have heat sinks for 300W dissipation.
Cheers,
Nic

I'm hammering up a BBA3 and I just realized that I do not have an output stage to mate it with:p
Really just an excuse for finding additional projects:D
Any suggestion anyone? I don't need much power and I don't think I have heat sinks for 300W dissipation.
Cheers,
Nic

I think the 300W refers to the full six pairs of fets i.e., two output boards per channel. More manageable if you just use one output board per channel.
Chris

I think the 300W refers to the full six pairs of fets i.e., two output boards per channel. More manageable if you just use one output board per channel.
Chris

A single mosfet pair would mean two pairs or 4 fets per channel for a balanced setup. If you ran two mosfet pairs, that would be 8 per channel and you would need even more dissipation capability than standard BA output.

Standard BA-3 has 3 pairs or six fets per channel. If you look at the schematic for BA-3b, you now have to double that in order to have a complete amp if using standard output stage. Think of BA-3B as a pre-amp and the needed BA output as an F4 running as a mono-block instead of stereo output. Go back and read listing of BA-3B info and look at the output power compared to standard BA amp. That did not come from just different FE. It is a function of the FE and the doubling of the output transistors.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
hi Backbones,

the problem is - the Mac software is on a desktop PC (hackintosh) and I put the amps besides it,

when I have in November the software on my laptop (windows software) i can measure and hear in my living room with the speakers, so I have to wait if I prefer more or less k2......

I might beat you to it by just twiddling P3 one way and then the other--adjusting everything else along the way--and having a listen.
Now I've soldered everything in place can I measure the R value on P3 for different positions (thinks to himself); I'll go down to the garage and see.
Chris