amp schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
greetings everyone,
well, i was waiting til i could figure this out on my own, but.....
here goes,

i have the artwork and user manual for the aleph 5 i'm building and i'm having trouble reading it.
the manual says that the output is taken from Q18-20. no prob, i see that on the schematic, but not on the artwork. where do i grab the output? between R23/24 and the ground loop? i want to make sure before i get to the "hooking the bad-boy up" stage. and if not, where?

also, i hook the xformer secondaries to the v+ and v- on the channel board correct?

also, also, what is the U in on the board? i see both the +/- inputs, and the ground, but don't understand the U.

sorry about the questions, i thought that it'd all make sense sooner.

thanks for all the help,
cheers!!
scott

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
When you look at R22-25, you will see that they are
tied together toward the rear of the amp on the top
layer. This is the output. If you follow it to the rear
edge of the board, you'll see the output pads, and
closer yet to the edge of the board, the output grounds.

The U is for unbalanced input, which is the hot of an
incoming RCA connector.

The v+ and v- on the board go to the + and - of the
rectifier bridge. The transformer secondaries attach to
the bridge AC connections, and as I recall, the
center tapped wire(s) of the transformer go to the
ground point between the v+ and v-

NP,
okay, i get it. that makes sense. one question, or rather verification is that the +/- inputs are for balanced lines not the rca's which come into the U (unbalanced inputs), correct?

and one more, before you went to the new diy website, you had a great collection of articles posted, especially the amp designs and construction techniques. i didn't find them on the new site, have they been removed? maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. i must say that i found them GREAT. anyway, thanks for the reply. i get all giddy when i get on this forum, especially when i get a reply from the guy that designed all of this!!! i won't blabber on anymore.
cheers nelson,
scott

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The + and - are for the balanced inputs, the U for RCA input.

The DIY site is still under construction, but everything will
eventually be there, if they aren't already. I believe
Harrington leaves them on the old site until they are up
on passdiy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.