Balanced F5 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to tell everyone here that I have got the resistor proposal back from Texas Components.

Unit pricing will be $365.00 per TX2599 set, in quantities of 5 or more TX2599 sets per release. FOB our facility in Houston Texas.

Any comments. Should I proceed with a GB?

Any comment? Yeah, I'd like to post some comments.

I can't honestly imagine how anybody could come up with such a crazy idea without testing those resistors first. I've been using TX2575 in some of my projects and contrary to what some people say about sonic virtues of those resistors, I wasn't always happy using them. I much prefer Caddocks TF020 in I/V stage of my DAC and couldn't really stand TXs at the output of my transport.

Paying $365 per set of 8? This is more crazy than paying $250 per single piece of V-Cap.

As a reminder, the PCB layout follow this almost 1:1

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/121228-f5-power-amplifier-24.html#post1538826

The 4x missing PRP 1W resistors will also be filled in the new schematics.
You can practically see all components (except for the JFETs underneath the daughter board).
Current limiters are included.
Included is a new option to cascode the input jfets with Vishay (or others) J111/J174.
But this can be bypassed easily.
The MPC74s can be standing, or lying, as shown.

It will supported both floating X or grounded X.

Patrick

Last edited:
I have no criticism against anyone in particular who wants to use exotic parts.

I just want to concentrate on the task I set myself, and complete it as soon and as well as I can.

And this thread is possibly not the right thread to discuss those.

(I could not resist pulling your leg in #469. Apologies.)

Patrick

Cascode is not tested, only simulated.
It is not there to enable higher voltage, as there is no need for cascode even with +/-24V.

It is there to (hopefully) reduce Miller effect.
So someone would have to experiment when the boards are ready.

The daughter boards holds the input resistor network and remove them at some distance away from the highish current feedback network.
It also allow optional gate resistors for the JFETs.

MPC70 is too low and also magnetic, but why would you need to save 5 Euros ?

Patrick

EUVL said:
I have no criticism against anyone in particular who wants to use exotic parts.

I just want to concentrate on the task I set myself, and complete it as soon and as well as I can

Fairy 'nuff Mate... understood

MPC70 is too low and also magnetic, but why would you need to save 5 Euros ?

my guess is because he wouldnt mind getting rid of some of the afore-mentioned hundreds of them to a good cause instead of buying anything at all. nice idea on the daughter board to protect low level signals.

Any comment? Yeah, I'd like to post some comments.

I've been using TX2575 in some of my projects and contrary to what some people say about sonic virtues of those resistors, I wasn't always happy using them. I much prefer Caddocks TF020 in I/V stage of my DAC and couldn't really stand TXs at the output of my transport.

good to see you here Peter

with risk to go away from topic
Is It the resistor you recommend to use as a I/V resistor - I know you used pcm1704 - I got pcm63

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.