Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

F5 playing from Khadas Tone Board connected to Raspberry PI 4B - pure bliss. Have all the images from the "production" if anyone is interested in...

Attachments

• 20190906_013605.jpg
    20190906_013605.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 1,590
Well, of course we are. :)

F5 - Google Photos

There you go :). Had some parts for 10 years in my box, never the right time, had kids in the meantime... Long story short - you never have time, so I decided to take a plunge this year and finish it. Build took ~5 months (waiting for parts, planning, life...). Streamer still needs a casing. The amp itself needs soft start / DC protection for speakers (ordered from aliexpress).

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
!!!!!!!!!!

you have a shortie through your Donut , see picture - base plate - bracket No.1 , bolt , bracket No.2 , base plate

all you need is just one L bracket , it's strong enough

besides , mains NTC is hot in work , so plastic connection block is biiiiig no-no

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

in case there is no pic , this is direct link : Google Photos

!!!!!!!!!!

you have a shortie through your Donut , see picture - base plate - bracket No.1 , bolt , bracket No.2 , base plate

all you need is just one L bracket , it's strong enough

besides , mains NTC is hot in work , so plastic connection block is biiiiig no-no

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

in case there is no pic , this is direct link : Google Photos

Thanks (hvala!) on your advice. Toroid is resting on a single bracket now (have older pictures in the album). Also, the NTC is now on much beefier connection and it does not get that hot (now I'm wondering if I have a problem..)

I finally installed the LEDs I like for my smaller AB100 - also the standard RCAs replaced with those shown in the attached picture.

Of course thank you NP for a good amplifier:violin:

Attachments

• DSC00931.jpg
    DSC00931.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC00940.jpg
    DSC00940.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC00937.jpg
    DSC00937.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC00939.jpg
    DSC00939.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 639
  • DSC00935.jpg
    DSC00935.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 595
Happen to have seen a great deal on an Aleph Mini and had an itch to scratch

Mounted in a repurposed Tandberg chassis - dual 19V rails, biased to 1.2A

Keeping it on my desk for nearfield listening out of Franken speakers - Optimus box with Tang Band long throw 4 1/2 " woofers attached to Monsoon Planar

the astute may notice a power switch on the back and the front - in my senility I had forgotten that I added a rear switch and wired it up for the front switch .... oh well

Makes working at night much more bearable.
..dB