Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Stepped drill bits are great for drilling larger holes in aluminum. The largest bit in my set is 19mm but I have seen them as large as 35mm. These bits drill perfect circles in aluminum and thinner steel. I have used them to drill ventilation holes in bottom panels, connector holes in back panels, and holes for round led switches in front panels.

Another very useful drilling tool if you don't have a drill press is a drill guide. I use a drill guide to help in drilling and tapping heat sinks. It keeps the drill bit and tap perpendicular to the surface of the heat sink. It requires a bit more work but I don't have much choice since I have no room to store a drill press.

Attachments

• Drill tools.JPG
    Drill tools.JPG
    687.4 KB · Views: 1,219
I will try it. I remember another tool which can be used for making large holes in soft metal. But I can't remember the name. The tube-guys used it for making large holes for tube sockets etc. Typical in aluminium. As I remember it....it worked with high presure and was more a cut/clip tool than a saw or drill tool. It was al by hand (not an electric tool as I remember it). It made very nice and accurate cut holes.

Aleph Integrated Amp.

A Friend requested that I helped build an integrated amp for him. I selected the Aleph Clone. Four output pairs per channel. With 1.6A bias per channel so it does not run too hot. The chassis was not very big with smallish heatsink. Dual mono supply with 1KVA transformer and separate secondaries for each channel. Sounded gorgeous.

Attachments

• 0027D4DF-DADF-449E-A3F2-F8019F974E12.jpg
    0027D4DF-DADF-449E-A3F2-F8019F974E12.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 1,407
  • A2FEA6C5-EFB5-4881-BCF7-0898C6F15DBC.jpg
    A2FEA6C5-EFB5-4881-BCF7-0898C6F15DBC.jpg
    877.5 KB · Views: 1,250