Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Short update. Finished sides and transverse

VFET_Update.jpg

Joined 2016
Paid Member
ACA, first pair.

Nice little fire engines - appeals to the boy in me.

I'm thinking about doing ACA single ended monoblocks but was wondering about the power requirements. Do you use one 5A power brick on each or a lower current rated brick?

I've seen pics of these enclosures on build threads but have not been able to find them - can you please say where they can be purchased.

Thanks

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nice little fire engines - appeals to the boy in me.

I'm thinking about doing ACA single ended monoblocks but was wondering about the power requirements. Do you use one 5A power brick on each or a lower current rated brick?

I've seen pics of these enclosures on build threads but have not been able to find them - can you please say where they can be purchased.

Thanks

monoblocks are no longer available...they are powered by separate brick (do not remember rating)
you can wait for single chassis stereo when available in the diystore...it was available twice recently
stereo aca can be used in balanced mode for double the power (and cost), offcourse you need two

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Completed my Teabag M2 today. Still waiting for 2 100R resistors in transit (thanks Teabag) but I couldn't wait anymore so I just soldered anything I could find.

Managed to get zero offset by changing both R7 to 52.3K. Initial impression is tube-like amp sounds with deep bass. The highs are more rolled off compared to my F5T. I will let it run further. But I like it!

Thanks Nelson for your generosity.

Hello guys, here are my Nelson Pass F5 + Bride of Zen preamp.
Cases have two interchangeable versions: matt black or glossy white.
Label NELSON PASS lights up when switch on.
Small arrows show you the direction of motor volume pot (ALPS) with remote control.
Case are HiFi2000 with MDF handmade front panel.
The sound is amazing, thanks Nelson!
Bye

Attachments

• IMG_3593.jpg
    IMG_3593.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_3597.jpg
    IMG_3597.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 1,061