Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This may be viewed as off-topic, but here are a few photos of my Aleph P 1.7.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• Front Panel With LEDs Lit.JPG
    Front Panel With LEDs Lit.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 9,028
  • Overhead View with Power Supply (small).JPG
    Overhead View with Power Supply (small).JPG
    106 KB · Views: 8,980
  • Rear Panel Detail (small).JPG
    Rear Panel Detail (small).JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 8,791
A bit messy, I planned to tidy up after final testing...........
However I can't stop listening after 7 months.:D
maybe someday

jim
Only one comment I would make about the wiring is the speaker wire to the speaker binding posts (internal). It looks too light to me. I use the same speaker wire to wire to my binding posts internally as I do to run to my speakers externally.

I use medium guage OFC copper wire. Externally I use four runs of figure eight where each figure eight is treated as a single wire. And I bi-wire.

ZenV4 with Buffer for Blues

I now just have a modified Lightspeed (I call Lightning Thief) as LDR attenuator to control the Zenv4j and Aleph3 in bi-amp. Sounds swell in both music and movies (passed the Avatar bluray movie test:). Difference in gain of the amps are about 6+dB but sounds balanced on my speakers. Differing sensitivities of the drivers or my room probably balances it out...counter-intuitive objectively but is otherwise with my ears. I just went ahead and tried for the heck of it...can't make conclusions with numbers. The MF that I used for preamp before now just sits quietly and listens:D

Attachments

• ZenV4j Standby.JPG
    ZenV4j Standby.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 4,133
  • Zen V4jfet.JPG
    Zen V4jfet.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 3,311
  • System.jpg
    System.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 2,886
  • Isometric.jpg
    Isometric.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 2,639
  • Battery Pack 4x 9V.jpg
    Battery Pack 4x 9V.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 2,779
Your Shti in the box

I now just have a modified Lightspeed (I call Lightning Thief) as LDR attenuator to control the Zenv4j and Aleph3 in bi-amp. Sounds swell in both music and movies (passed the Avatar bluray movie test:). Difference in gain of the amps are about 6+dB but sounds balanced on my speakers. Differing sensitivities of the drivers or my room probably balances it out...counter-intuitive objectively but is otherwise with my ears. I just went ahead and tried for the heck of it...can't make conclusions with numbers. The MF that I used for preamp before now just sits quietly and listens:D
OK. What's in the box or have I missed something. Please direct me to some links which shows me what is inside.Please.

I've had this F5 going for awhile. FWIW, I recently checked the bias and adjusted it (after 6 months). It was less than .001 DCV out from my original values. The case is a DIY effort. This F5 was built using the CViller boards, Antek 4218 tranny, and the Tech-DIY kits-Fairchild outputs. Heat sinks were from M&M. The Lexan top was an exhibition affair but It's starting to grow on me. I might keep it instead of the metal.

Also, a little B1, cased and ready to populate (I have it basically done except for the electolytics and chassis jacks).

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 8,298
  • IMG_0002 (14).JPG
    IMG_0002 (14).JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 8,386
  • IMG_0001_1 (6).JPG
    IMG_0001_1 (6).JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 8,035
Last edited:
I've had this F5 going for awhile. FWIW, I recently checked the bias and adjusted it (after 6 months). It was less than .001 DCV out from my original values. The case is a DIY effort. This F5 was built using the CViller boards, Antek 4218 tranny, and the Tech-DIY kits-Fairchild outputs. Heat sinks were from M&M. The Lexan top was an exhibition affair but It's starting to grow on me. I might keep it instead of the metal.

Also, a little B1, cased and ready to populate (I have it basically done except for the electolytics and chassis jacks).
What are you using 6mm Al plate?