Pass Labs B4 crossover questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A7.3eN in a midTL, 2 x SDX7eN sealed. I sketched up a polygonal box and Chris, wanting to play with curves and vacuum bagging created these beauties.

dave

You said sealed but what is the dark grey section on n the side? Looks like foam in a side port/vent. Very nice looking baffles remind me of the Infinity IRS. Was there a specific curve used on the baffle? I’ve been debating making a curved baffle for my SLOBs. I believe the TAOB (Tiny Alnico Open Baffles) had a slight curve to their baffle.

Regarding the topic of the thread...
I’m waiting on the B4 too but in all fairness to Nelson, we could technically use the LXMini crossover in the meantime by adjusting some of the values. It may not have the flexibility of the B4 with regards to slopes and on-the-fly pots/dip switch adjustments but it could work.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You said sealed but what is the dark grey section on n the side? Looks like foam in a side port/vent.

The top part — parallel to the top and from just below the A7 — is a midTL for the midTweeter. It is damped aperiodically and you do see foam at the mouth.

Was there a specific curve used on the baffle?

It was the curve defined by the 1st 30°, then 45° giant chamfers i had originally sketched.

for the cabinets so shallow, how do you prevent back reflection?

The distance behind the midTweeter turned out to be sufficient, the woofers do not go high enuff for the shallowness to be an issue.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.