Pass Labs B4 crossover questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yea but all the minidsp products are digital based. If you feed it digital it processes the signal then has a DAC to output analogue, if you have an analogue input minidsp it first does ADC then proccess then DAC. So I see this as the limiting factor. Not a lot of point having a muilty thousands dollar DAC and then giving this signal to a couple of hundred dollar DAC.

Just my thoughts.

With the right miniDSP you don’t get DACs in it… you have to use your own. I don’t know if you are still limited to 24/96.

dave
I thought there must be a DAC in them all, they process in the digital domain and output in analogue. My Open drc took the digital signal from my PC and gave me processed analogue.
So which one is digital in and out?

Am I wrong here?

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Since I am very likely to use a Class A amp for the tweeter and Class D for the woofer, I was wondering if the LXMini ASP had this sort of gain adjustment built-in or if I still need external attenuation to balance out the amplifiers.

The analog crossovers all have level controls for each filter, and the one for
the 3 way Lx-mini +2 has gain on the bottom end to make life easier.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I think Nelson says DIY B5 kit will be in the store very soon so as with other flavors of Active Xovers.

Totally correct. Not only different filters, but also allowance for different
Jfets, including Toshiba, Linear Systems, and Fairchild.

And pretty cheap.

Most of these are set up to go with the DIYaudio store Galaxy 2u 230x230
chassis with a rear panel supporting 8 RCA's and an external wall wart.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Babelfish Papa

:devily:

Attachments

• Papatar.jpg
    Papatar.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 410
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.