Aleph / Aleph X PCB Help Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm laying out boards for Aleph X monoblocks and I wanted to get some opinions on separate front end / output boards.

Q. Is there any harm in including the Aleph current source components on the output boards? I notice all of the modular boards on this forum have these components on the input board, and even the commercial X amps have the current source components on the input boards.

Thank you!

Mike

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Mike,

I plan to do the same thing for my hi-powered Aleph-X (3rd project on the list) using 16 FET’s per channel. I planned to use 4 Harvardian’s Aleph output boards per channel and wire them into HiFiZen’s X-amp boards. I would assume that the issues are the same as wiring an Aleph amp to the outputs which had been discussed a few times last year on the forum.

Someone correct me if I assume too much.

roddyama said:
Mike,

I plan to do the same thing for my hi-powered Aleph-X (3rd project on the list) using 16 FET’s per channel. I planned to use 4 Harvardian’s Aleph output boards per channel and wire them into HiFiZen’s X-amp boards. I would assume that the issues are the same as wiring an Aleph amp to the outputs which had been discussed a few times last year on the forum.

Someone correct me if I assume too much.

It better work because that's what I plan to do. I will use all 24 mosfets.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
mrothacher said:
I'm sorry. I wasn't very precise with my description. What I mean is including all of the associated Aleph current source components on the output board. The only wires connecting the boards would be + and - V, feedback, and gate drive.

Thanks for your replies

Mike
Hi Mike,

Yes, absolutely. You'll need 4 sets of output boards per channel.
Here's Harvardian's board.

Attachments

• dales_output_board.jpg
    dales_output_board.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 805
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.