2SJ109 and 2SJ74 in GR version???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could try to parallel the GR's and get sufficient bias, but you also increase transconductance - probably not a problem though.
If this is your first NP project, you might what to start with something where you don't need to tweak as much, but if you are used to adjusting circuits, you should be able to make it work.
What is the idss of the parts you have?

1. For a first NP project do you recomend me other project?(Aleph30,F4, F5,??)
My speakers are not high efficiency.

2. Idss of my GRs are 2,5 - 6,5mA
I think the corrent in front end is about 8,5mA???

1. I would recommend a project where you do not need to diverge from the original schematics, so the alephj is just as good as many of the other projects.

2. The idss is a bit low for most power amps - a phono stage or a preamp would better utilize your grs. For BA-1/2 it might actually work since it has an additional stage before driving the output devices.

Alternatively you could save your GR parts for a GR project and get some BLs for the amp you would like to build the most.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.