Threshold CAS-2 poweramp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
No Manual. This is what I have:

Attachments

• CAS1.jpg
    CAS1.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 353
  • CASCODE TECH 1.jpg
    CASCODE TECH 1.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 368
  • CASCODE TECH 2.jpg
    CASCODE TECH 2.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 319
  • CASCODE TECH 3.jpg
    CASCODE TECH 3.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 290
  • CASCODE TECH 4.jpg
    CASCODE TECH 4.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 319
No Manual. This is what I have:

Many thanks, great Nelson, unfortunately I was looking for the owner's manual that seems not to be found all over the planet.

I take this opportunity to ask you a question: I have an SL10 preamplifier that gains too much on the MC stage (I have a pair of Ortofon MC30).
These cartridges have a very low output (0.07 / 0.08 mV) perhaps among the lowest of all the Moving coil produced and I cannot raise the volume beyond the 11.00 am indication.
If one day I wanted to change cartridges by purchasing an MC with a slightly higher output voltage I would be forced to keep the volume knob even lower, moreover the knob operating in jerks does not perfectly facilitate the volume control.
Is there a circuit solution to allow that earns less with MC without upsetting the whole project?
My preamplifier is a model that has a switch to lower the sensitivity in the center of the pcb.

Last edited:
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Schematic is attached. You can lower the gain in numerous places.

Loading the output of the MC preamp to ground with 1 Kohm where the
15K is will take about 7-8 dB.

Or you can increase the value of the 750 ohm to ground in the feedback
loop of the high level stage.

Attachments

• SL10 SCHEM.gif
    SL10 SCHEM.gif
    98.5 KB · Views: 201
Schematic is attached. You can lower the gain in numerous places.

Thank you very much Nelson (very gentleman) I will treasure these valuable tips regarding the modifications of the SL 10 that I will carry out as soon as possible and will read the attachments you have included regarding the CAS power amplifiers; I really hope to find an answer for this power amplifier in your attachments becouse in the instruction manual someone says that there are indications on which speaker connection cables to use "recommended by the factory" (perhaps the least capacitive possible or containing a resistive / capacitive network inside?) to avoid having problems with the power amp.

I am very enthusiastic about your products that I also own a Xono (not diy) that I have been using with enormous satisfaction for over 15 years that does not need any modification, it is perfect like that. :worship:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.