B1 builders thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Me and Les wants to impart a Zen spirit to this pre-amp. I bought a rubber wood the other day, painted it with maple varnish and burned some portions to achieve a "bird's eye" maple effect.Then I attached it to the sides of the B1.

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

Finally my turn to post pictures of my complete B-1. It is a balanced version (or RCA) and it uses 2 DRV-134 (Per Anders PCB) to convert the RCA signal to XLR. A word of caution: I had to use 2 separate transformers to get the DRV-134 to work with the B1.
Cheers to all,
Eric

Attachments

• B-1.jpg
    B-1.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_7079-1.jpg
    IMG_7079-1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 340
Balanced B1

Hi Gents ,

I have the boards and the caps ready to start my balanced B1 build . Can anyone help me with a schematic and any other info that will help me get off in the right direction . I have seen a mention of a balanced version ,but I can't find anything concrete enough to get me started . Not asking to be spoon fed ,but I do need some help .

I have built a couple of power amps after a lot of mistakes and corrections , so I have a little experience ,but not enough to go off on this project without some guidance .

If there is anyone out there that can keep an eye me I would be truly grateful .

Thanks , Rich

Hi Gents ,

I have the boards and the caps ready to start my balanced B1 build . Can anyone help me with a schematic and any other info that will help me get off in the right direction . I have seen a mention of a balanced version ,but I can't find anything concrete enough to get me started . Not asking to be spoon fed ,but I do need some help .

I have built a couple of power amps after a lot of mistakes and corrections , so I have a little experience ,but not enough to go off on this project without some guidance .

If there is anyone out there that can keep an eye me I would be truly grateful .

Thanks , Rich

Hi Rich,
You can go to post #2547 of the thread "B1 Buffer Preamp" on page 255. There is a basic wiring diagram there, It should help. I finished mine, works great. Feel free to ask more questions :)
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.