Aleph (Single Ended) + Larvadin (no Memory Distortion) = Ultimate Aleph?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could use semiconductors with low or zero temp coefficient. A number of
Lateral Mosfets and (for example) Sony Vfets fit this description easily at
reasonable current values.

I can confirm that my Sony TA-5650 VFET with upgraded cascoded-CFP input differential plus vertically cascaded VFET on output sounds sweet and dark, better than stock for my taste. I am accumulating energy to do a proper cascodying of the common source output.

I am also considering an amp with "BJT protected by SIT to go into deep saturation" output, as the chapter from Wilamosvky describes. (too big to attach here)
If this experiment goes well and as I am making my listening test and finding the cascoded-CFP to be a superior output power cell, I will probably experiment with "SIT protected cascoded-CFP" output... :cool:

Very nice looking circuit, Padamiecki

Cheers,
M.

I now doubt also the existence of memory distortion. But nevertheless the Lavardin model "IS Reference" is one of the best sounded amp with used low idle current through the output (i. e. Class AB with 30mA quiescent current).
This I have experienced while a sound check after replace the main caps.
What about the circuit topology by VAS in fig. 8-2 about
Memory Distortion Philosophies - Part 8 : More tests
Perhaps the fusion of that topology with that one from Aleph isn't the badest idea - especially in cases, where an extremly sweet sounded amplifier for high frequency and high efficiency horns is wanted.
check out last post (#10) under
Memory distortion, crap or serious?
and
Power amplifier with low thermal distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.