Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Aleph (Single Ended) + Larvadin (no Memory Distortion) = Ultimate Aleph?
Aleph (Single Ended) + Larvadin (no Memory Distortion) = Ultimate Aleph?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2018, 11:04 AM   #21
maxlorenz is online now maxlorenz  Chile
diyAudio Member

Quote:
You could use semiconductors with low or zero temp coefficient. A number of
Lateral Mosfets and (for example) Sony Vfets fit this description easily at
reasonable current values.
I can confirm that my Sony TA-5650 VFET with upgraded cascoded-CFP input differential plus vertically cascaded VFET on output sounds sweet and dark, better than stock for my taste. I am accumulating energy to do a proper cascodying of the common source output.

I am also considering an amp with "BJT protected by SIT to go into deep saturation" output, as the chapter from Wilamosvky describes. (too big to attach here)
If this experiment goes well and as I am making my listening test and finding the cascoded-CFP to be a superior output power cell, I will probably experiment with "SIT protected cascoded-CFP" output...

Very nice looking circuit, Padamiecki

Cheers,
M.
Old 9th August 2018, 04:04 PM   #22
tiefbassuebertr is offline tiefbassuebertr  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiefbassuebertr View Post
I now doubt also the existence of memory distortion. But nevertheless the Lavardin model "IS Reference" is one of the best sounded amp with used low idle current through the output (i. e. Class AB with 30mA quiescent current).
This I have experienced while a sound check after replace the main caps.
What about the circuit topology by VAS in fig. 8-2 about
Memory Distortion Philosophies - Part 8 : More tests
Perhaps the fusion of that topology with that one from Aleph isn't the badest idea - especially in cases, where an extremly sweet sounded amplifier for high frequency and high efficiency horns is wanted.
check out last post (#10) under
Memory distortion, crap or serious?
and
Power amplifier with low thermal distortion

Aleph (Single Ended) + Larvadin (no Memory Distortion) = Ultimate Aleph?Hide this!Advertise here!